Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

evowrx said:
Couldve painted them russ...good show.

I will clint, they need to come off soon anyway so we can fit a brake bias valve and plumb the handbrake up, I will then paint them, only going black though and redo the writing.

Edited by ballsrburning

Lots!

Replaced a torn guard liner

Changed from winter to summer wheels & tyres

FF3E112B-ABC4-4DC0-8D92-AA144A7DE637.jpg

Removed old IACV, you can't see it but theres a crack in the inner workings causing intermittent idle fluctuations.

BCA0385E-694B-4D72-97A4-488EE8CFD130.jpg

97B589E5-B67C-41FD-8C17-D8D00E80E620.jpg

Cleaned the replacement and manifold with upper cylinder clean, and re installed(with the O ring).

B58575BD-8F2F-4968-A382-1D8ED95630B3.jpg

Aaaand replaced a cam position sensor

Made myself a boost machine, it works good

Same basic idea as how a three port boost solenoid works but at povo spec costs

It uses an adjustable pressure switch, which flicks a factory subaru boost solenoid plumbed inline to the wastegate open when it hits whatever psi

Theory is it's freeboosted below (in my case) 12psi, above that the boost control functions as per normal, so all gain no loss

Net result is it wakes up like a diesel, then sits rock steady errwhere, neat. Took a little fiddling to get it right, just dialling out initial overboost/spike sort of thing

Could do the same thing with one of those boost gauges with a warning light too?

Will chuck a photo up once I get it looking a little less brofessional

McDoof said:
The rears are stock. Suffering from saggy butt. The fronts are stock but have been reset to match the rear height. 25mm drop was needed. Always looked like I had a load of bricks in boot before I had them fixed.

Pretty sure I drove past you on Abbots Way on Friday afternoon

ADIKT said:
Pretty sure I drove past you on Abbots Way on Friday afternoon

Don't remember going down Abbots way, but then again I don't remember a lot of stuff.

Easy things to see if it my car. 1. It has dark wheels. 2. It's NZ new so I don't have a rear wiper.

Right now those are the only things that are a bit different from the outside. Deciding what to do with the exhaust at this point so just the stock pipes back on for now.

McDoof said:
Don't remember going down Abbots way, but then again I don't remember a lot of stuff.

Easy things to see if it my car. 1. It has dark wheels. 2. It's NZ new so I don't have a rear wiper.

Right now those are the only things that are a bit different from the outside. Deciding what to do with the exhaust at this point so just the stock pipes back on for now.

I just saw a black bl5 with daylight running leds on the front - so just assumed it was you

Installed rear swaybar. Turns out you have to remove rear mufflers from y pipe. Oh well, its now in, yet to take it for a drive :-(

Front swaybar needs to remove headers to change the bar, so I guess I'll just do it when I stick in the raptor headers.

Car is getting full ATF change, as well as front and rear dif fluids tomorrow. Will also have all the other fluids condition checked (dga testing) through highbrook. Good excuse to change the fluids anyways!!!

Need to find a turbo legacy factory exhaust, mines falling apart

Finally got round to doing the free castor mod, ten mins well spent

DSC_06721_zpspkchh4mp.jpg

Directions: remove this bit, undo the thingy, reinstall with thingy flipped 180 and point the mount itself towards the outside as much as poss. A million and one guides online but it's $free and fast and seems to have no drawbacks?

Results - very genuinely noticeable change in turn-in, makes the front end feel a heap "lighter" and more darty

Yet to determine if it shaves a few seconds off the commute mind you

Began stripping the bay again, changing the breather tank and the water reservoir is going, hate the factory one I'm using. Got to change fuelling system to make it legal too for new cert.

Now I have space to mini tub the front wheel arches.