Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

• Admin
 ADIKT said:
Yea - saw your engine and it didn't look pretty.

Ajay was trying to get me and stephen to break the bad news to you ><

Yeah, as far as the motor and parts go, they're not bad at all. Bore is fine, crank was all good, same with rods. Bearings were breaking down but somehow, SOMEHOW, they didn't do damage.

So I went fugget and gone full honk.

The newish whiteline grease free technology rear sway bar mount bushes started creaking badly again over the weekend. Sick of having to re-grease them every 10-15thou, I went to replace them today with some 20mm Nolathane bushes. Ended up re-greasing and reinstalling the whiteline bushes for now.

Nolathane made a booboo, 1x20mm and 1x22mm:

Nolathane_42462_mix_up.jpg

Not my car but on behalf of a mate who isn't super active on here - currently doing a 5MT conversion in an '02 Lancaster Outback w/ EZ30D.

Engine was pulled last weekend and did rocker cover gaskets and gave it a general tidy up.

Today's activities included...

- Auto trans / drive shaft etc came out, brake pedal swapped out, clutch pedal installed.

- Clutch master cylinder went in along with hoses for the slave.

- HEAPS of cleaning done to tidy things up.

- Exedy clutch kit w/ lightweight flywheel went on the back of the engine which is about to be dropped back in.

Tomorrow should see power getting to the wheels if we have time to swap out the rear diff.

ECU won't run like the 5MT either but should still run (mostly) so will do battle the G4+ Extreme waiting on the workbench sometime soon-ish.

• Admin

Nearly there

Giving it all a test run. Only thing that doesn't work is the USB connection to the HU which I had thought may have been the case from the start. So need to sort out a new method for connecting that. Thinking a DAC from the USB hub to the AUX input on the HU would be the best bet as it leaves the bluetooth connection between the phone and HU for calling.

F2164425-A07C-475A-9FB5-E713FE3F1B74_zps

• Admin

Took the STI for a bit of a thrash at the weekend.

There is definitely a large exhaust leak somewhere. Feels like it is post-turbo as it still goes well. Picking it'll be either where the wastegate plumbs in or the downpipe -> midpipe join.

Sigh.

If it's the headers they're going in the bin.

Bit of an ongoing one this week.

Bought a new wheel bearing and exhaust.

Turns out that the redline 3inch turbo back is a prick of a thing to get sitting nicely, and christ its loud. But hooooly crap its got some good spool.

Wheel bearing.... Well, did some damage to the cv trying to get it out of the hub (tore the teeth off it with a sledgy. Loosened the nut off, secured a 32mm socket to it and proceeded to smash the crap out of it, no budging)

Pulled the axle out of the box, found inner cv is split. Passed it off to zenki (thank you soooo much dude) who needed a 12 tonne press to get the bastard axle out of the hub.

New bearing in, hub reinstalled tonight, but not without incident. Smashed my finger with the mallet trying to get the axle back inside the box. Beginning to think my car is some kind of crazy Celtic demigod who requires blood sacrifice -_-

Also installed rear subframe lockdown bolts to help eliminate the rear end movement, and whilst I was there I also noted the rear tyres are a bit worn out. New tyres added to the list... All in all, successful mission. 

Had a play around with the latest carberry rom update, it now offers a full maf or blended speed density/maf option, as well as extended protocols that allow you to run a flexfuel sensor from the rear o2 sensor loom. Quite promising!!

• Like 1

Went for a stomp out to Piha, on the way back accidentally made a subaru cruise, I was behind a BL blitzen legacy, and behind me was a BC5. Then  when it was clear I overtook the blitzen. the BC5 followed suit and we played a little chase. Was good fun. Then Decided to fix my leaky tail lights. Sticky black S*** that was used beforehand was terrible.

Edited by 94 Leone
  • Like 1

Blew a top hose yesterday on the way to a mates house. Lucky i was by a Supercheap and popped my bonnet once i got there otherwise i would've been screwed. Turns out EJ25 Legacy Top Hoses fit EJ205's with a bit of slight modifications. Car has been fine since. Scared the crap out of me though 

• Like 1