Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Finished fitting a v7 TMIC to my v4. I also fitted a watersptayer at the same time. I mainly followed this article for fitting the intercooler http://www.carldavey.co.uk/article.php?id=3 .

Results: temps seem to have dropped quite a bit. When I hold it at 100kph under brakes with WOT in 3rd gear (about 5000rpm) for about 10secs the IAT gets to about 47c. And with the water sprayer going it gets to about 40c

With the stock intercooler at Pukekohe track I was getting temps of 70c at 180kph. That was with the heat shield off the turbo and heaps of bent fins on the old IC. So not a fair comparison but I'm very pleased with the outcome.

t7vI3Xul.jpg

Intercooler with V3 BOV outlet welded in

TkOqwaMl.jpg

Final Install

I'm still waiting for a mount to come from partsouq

Edited by cods4
Added photos

• General Member

Have you done anything to open up the flow of air to the Interooler? I put mine on a v5 and use a bigger under bonnet splitter and my Intake is pretty steady at 1-2 deg higher than ambient while moving.

Goes up significantly at idle of course.

• General Member

Well worth doing in my books. Not sure exactly what my splitter is, I got it off a member on here and it bolted straight on but its significantly larger and better directed than the v5 one. Happy to take some photos or show you if your around Hamilton sometime.

Johnnynz said:
Well worth doing in my books. Not sure exactly what my splitter is, I got it off a member on here and it bolted straight on but its significantly larger and better directed than the v5 one. Happy to take some photos or show you if your around Hamilton sometime.

It would be great if you could put a photo or two up. I'm after ideas on how I can modify my one or what other splitters are out there that will fit.

Johnnynz said:
Good day Pedro? Was gutted I couldn't get down for it I only just sorted my CEL from last time on Tuesday.

I had a great day Johnny...Car ran well all day..had some interesting battles and found that performance was equal to a few hotrod aussie v8's..Much happiness was had..you missed a good day..

Boon..there was a grey coupe that **** its self i heard..from wellington i think..not sure..

• General Member
 pedro said:
I had a great day Johnny...Car ran well all day..had some interesting battles and found that performance was equal to a few hotrod aussie v8's..Much happiness was had..you missed a good day..

Boon..there was a grey coupe that **** its self i heard..from wellington i think..not sure..

Good to hear the car ran well. Hopefully the cards fall right for me to be at the next one but not sure with a bit of travel and such looming into the midyear.

Shame about the Coupe, sounds like Lorens car :/ Hope I am wrong.

Replaced dash bulbs with blue leds so will see how that came out once it gets dark. Pulled bbod apart, cleaned solenoids inside and replaced hoses at same time. Oh and took new spoiler in for painting ready for fitting on Thursday.

UPDATED: So replacing bbod hoses with 4mm silicon turned out to be a great idea! Car comes onto secondary real hard! Feels like a different car completely! Well at least it did after I realised I hadn't taken restrictor pill out of old hose #2 and put it into new hose #2. Anyway surprise and yay me I did it. Highly recommend to all TT Legacy owners to go and clean your BBOD!

Edited by B4 I was 250T