Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

SpeedySub said:
As its only a un-modded 2.5 N/A it think I will stick with the 95. 98 is too much for me to spend at the moment and not sure if worth any minimal gains

I just meant reset the ECU, as in disconnect the battery for 12 hours so that all of the learned values are reset. Not a remap. I agree that the gains might not be there for a retune.

McDoof said:
I just meant reset the ECU, as in disconnect the battery for 12 hours so that all of the learned values are reset. Not a remap. I agree that the gains might not be there for a retune.

Missed the bit about resetting the ECU. I did that when I swapped over to 95 this time. I think not doing it the first time I tried made it so theat didn't seem to be much difference.

McDoof said:
I think more like unlucky you soba. :confused: I think most people have been very happy with their tunes. I know Matt is working on getting your car running like the like the well oiled machine that it is. :)

At the end of the day it is not his fault that you had a hose off for the initial tune. Yes he was a bit slow to respond after that, but I think he's gotten back to you and I expect you will have a good result in the end just like everyone else. Let me know if you need to use my Tactrix (the full working one)

I'm happy to help if needed.

Don't think the current (and ongoing) issue is related to that disconnected hose anymore. And it is not really clear whether the hose was actually on or off during the initial tune.

Marky said:
It normally ends up being the same $$ per km, buuuuut you get a healthier motor in the bargain

Mr Leone - maybe, possibly, not gonna bother they're too much $$ to bother with it (cheaper to go single than buy another VF32/33). VF27's on the other hand are like $50 so it's a no brainer to do it

Just thinking, as I am doing an engine swap for a buddy with a Rev D and it has both turbos on the replacement engine, wondering if it'd be worth doing it.

sobanoodle said:
Don't think the current (and ongoing) issue is related to that disconnected hose anymore. And it is not really clear whether the hose was actually on or off during the initial tune.

I really hope you get it sorted. Nobody likes a car that runs like crap

• Admin

Front Whiteline swaybar sussed. Ended up being alot easier than expected. Came with those relatively new to the market greaseless bushings which will be interesting, beats regreasing every few months.

Also replaced some exhaust gaskets. Got pissed off with the lower downpipe bracket bolt not threading in nicely, i'll blame the last guy for starting to crossthread it ;) So ended up cross threading the **** out of it till there was absolutly no thread left.

Welded a new bolt to the bracket and she's good as new

Edited by Andy_Mac

Cambelt, seals & waterpump done :cool: the crank pulley bolt was damn tough to get off though, was slipping the clutch in second trying to undo it lol. Eventually got it without breaking it. One of the cam bolts had shawn off the inner pattern (previously) so luckily I have a box of parts I was able to rely on. Feels good to have that done now. Shout out to brian for letting me use his cam locker tool. Made the job a hellova lot easier

McDoof said:
You must have New Zealand's best BL legacy muffler collection. I would love to spend an afternoon fitting each set and addressing the sounds :-)

Fully agree :D

They look mint by the way. Much jelly

Edited by SpecB