Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

GC8 Exhaust onto a foz?

Hey guys, Looking at putting one of the GC8 wrx exhaust kits off trademe onto the deforester and wanna know if anyone has tried this at all?

I know that the GC8 exhaust would have to be lengthened but other than that what else needs changing? Will the mounts be in the same place etc?

Any help appreciated

gc8 rear section will need longer hangers but won't need to be lengthened (at least the last 3 gc8 exhausts i've put on my car havent) may need to be aligned slightly if you want is straight. would be better to get one made for your foz IMO.

You already have the downpipe done don't you? if not you gotta watch gc8 siamese downpipes hitting the steering.

Nah my exhaust is all standard at the mo other than the fart cannon, doesnt just whacking the GC8 siamese downpipe with a hammer sort out that problem pretty quickly though?

Really? cost's an assload everywhere I've looked. Might just go for the shiney option for now and will get a decent downpipe later on. All chances are it'll still be better than stock

Guest itsgotgo
 matdaymon']

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=248039225 this in particular basically for its cheap price. I know you get what you pay etc but it'd do me for what I'm after at the moment

Sorry matt have searched hard through my old viewed section in tardme....cannot find the forester ones i looked at :'(

Just ask the guy what they measure out at,then if they only need a small peice added,you will be sweet.

It will not cost you much to do it. :)[quote name='nztintin said:

yeah but kinda defeats the purpose, for the price of a gc8 system off trade me you could get one made, wouldn't be all shiney and stuff but would be all good, i'll be selling my system soon hopefully.

What are you getting tintin? going 3 inch?

downpipe and midsection are teh same as gc8 ..

Rear muffler has the same hangers but you;l have to shorten or lenghten it slightly otherwise itl sit to far under or stick to far out depending which way your going..

2.5inch siamese with a small ding from the hammer will still be 1000x better than the shitty factory one...

Youl understand when you get the facotry one off and look at it..

Id buy a premade kit will definatly be cheaper than getting one custom made tyhats $$$ like anyhting custom

haha smart arse....no point spending stupid money on something you can do for cheaper haha

i think your right will

I put my r downpipe and midsection on the foz and went on fine and then got tintins old factoyr muffler as i was keeping the aftermarket one on the r..

Guest itsgotgo
 nt_a_foz said:

haha smart arse....no point spending stupid money on something you can do for cheaper haha

i think your right will

I put my r downpipe and midsection on the foz and went on fine and then got tintins old factoyr muffler as i was keeping the aftermarket one on the r..

ha ha couldnt resist,and you are correct ;)

Yes the down pipe i got from you was straight bolt up and 1000 times better than the factory poo,s pipe.

I think its about 12 inches or 30cm needed to extend the pipe for clearense at the rear. :)

like i said before i havent extended the rear section on the last 3 rear mufflers i've had on the foz, had to extend the mid section to meet the downpipe tho. my muffler does sit in from the bumper a little but any further back and it would foul on the tow bar. havent burnt my bumper yet and i've been told i shoot flames semi regulary :-[

Guest itsgotgo

yes extend it,where it cannot really be seen,near the rear muffler.

Nztintin yes those bangs from the back of your foz,had me looking around my foz wondering "WTF" was wrong with mine.Onboost bbq at one tree hill. :D

the downpipe i bought was shorter than the factory one and thats why i had to extend the front, i say if he buys a full system it WON"T NEED to be extended at all, it may need to be aligned to point straight but will work without extending, hangers and steering universal mod and it will bolt on!

boostin said:

And if its a GC8 system it will still hit the steering universal.

That's fixed by a couple of whacks with a hammer from what I've been told. Even then it would still flow better than one with my shitty old catalytic converter ...

Pretty much I'm going to go with the second link, 3" is way to OTT for my needs and wont have much chance in fitting around the steering universal + cheaper to weld should it need extending etc

Fingers crossed I can make up my mind in a mature manor without doing anything without thinking (though that usually works ::))