Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Police Attention in WRX STI?

• General Member

concerned about what? Personally I like to think its a good thing the "randomly" appear to pull over subaru's seeing as they are susceptible to theft odds are they pull your car in someone elses hands you'll be happy etc

Pulled over twice in the time ive owned my wrx, once- admittedly I was speeding- my fault. and last night on a pizza run, lights accidentally flicked off- wrx's arent really the cop magnets they used to be- police know the real issue of boy racer behaviour is the rfb crowd.

I've had a Legacy RSRA, WRX and WRX STI and the only time I was pulled over was because my licence plate wasn't visible enough on the STI (because of a removable towbar, and I was on the way to pick up a trailer from Shell, so didn't usually have it on).

If you don't draw attention to yourself, the police won't want to waste their time pulling you over.

YUP same as above, Although I have never owned a WRX let alone a STi, i have had Subarus for 20 years, the only time I have had issues is when I was being a dick :)

Also make sure it is not tinted so dark that it MAY be illegal, it is not to low as to look like it may be illegal, it is not to loud as it may be illegal, see where I am going with this, if you dont what police attention, never mind what you drive make sure it is obviously on the right side of legality and dont drive like a dick :)

• Admin

+1, have owned my V7 STI for like 5 years now, it has been modified most of that time and I have been stopped a sum total of _once_ when I didn't absolutely deserve to be. A few weeks ago actually - and I was polite to the cop, he was polite to me, my car was all legal-tegal, and we both went happily on our way.

boon said:
and I was polite to the cop, he was polite to me, my car was all legal-tegal, and we both went happily on our way.

what you've said here goes a long way in regards to the situation too. The very few times i have been pulled over, I always make sure I'm polite even if the officer is being a dick.

Depends on your history as well.

If they're behind you, and run your plate, and you're the registered owner of the vehicle + you've been in trouble with the police a lot, chances are you'll get pulled over.

I do not know if thwe above statement is true however.

I have had a WRX and was pulled over for checks a fair bit, but have never been pulled over in the Legacy in the 3 years I've owned it, in Christchurch.

• Admin

Just saying heres a few tips. If the car looks crap, slammed and on chromes (chrome doesn't get you home), and you're dressed / acting look a hood rat, sure it'll get you pulled over.

However If the car's tidy, and you don't look anything suspicious they won't look twice at you. It's the image you portray that'll get you pulled over, not the make of the car.

• 3 weeks later...