Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

V8 vs V10 STi?

I like the shape of the V8 much more than the V10, But you seem to be able to get a V10 for similar prices to the earlier models...

Are the V10's much better?

How is the reliability of the 2.5 compared to the 2.0?

Also, just sorta read that the V8 STi has equal length headers... IMO one of the best things about Subys is their RUMBLE... Would I have to get after market headers to get it...

What is your personal preference between the two models?

Very shortly you will be told the 2.5 is a pos and breaks if you look at it. Truth is its same spec bottom end as v8- just slightly weaker bores. Other truth is the pissant turbos on v10 ej257 restrict the **** out them and egbp is horrendous. Buy the ugly v10 sti and add a 20g td05 then tune it you will love it v much. So much quicker/torque/excitement. Best thing is i can cruise up hills in vac 5th without a hint of labour. Dont listen to the internet there is so much bull**** about the ej257s.

I would buy the v9 sti looks so much nicer and skudder rims fit.

My understanding is..

JDM Version 10

2L

Quad AVCS (intake and exhaust)

New shape (same chassis)

Better interior (think it's very very similar to V9)

DCCD

Twin scroll turbo

NZDM V10

2.5L

Single AVCS (Intake)

Twin scroll turbo

Maybe DCCD?

V8 STi

2L

Singe AVCS (intake)

Twin Scroll turbo

Same interior as Version 7

DCCD (or was it V9 that got it?)

All on the same GDB Chassis.

Ah Evowrx, cheers. To be honest I won't be touching the engine too much. Need a reliable daily, so exhaust and stereo will be the upgrades... Also coilovers and mags. I'm thinking V9 if I can find a white one with low k's.

What realistic price range would I be able to get one?

evowrx said:
Pretty sure 2.0 v10 twin and 2.5 v10 single.

Agree.

Im pretty sure the V10 JDM (2L twin scroll) is the same engine from the V9 ? Still only dual/intake only AVCS, cable throttle, has the nitrided crank, etc. Basically a facelift V9.

Not sure on the details for the NZDM/non JDM 2.5's though.

V11 is where the quad/intake and exhaust AVCS, DBW, etc came in.

The V9 is basically V10 inside minus the 260KM/H speedo. Has the black steering wheel and aircon dials etc are the same. Outside its like the V8 but with the 5x114.3 hubs and a little lip over the rear wheel arch like the V10's. I call it the best of both but maybe I'm slightly biased haha.

I'm unsure about the dual AVCS though.

• 1 month later...

I'd definitely go for the JDM V9, have owned one before and has been my favorite car so far. Living in Australia now and there are none here unfortunately. Has the twin scroll turbo, equal length headers from factory, 5x114.3 PCD hubs as well as the EJ207 which is a really good motor. And yes they also look the best imo =)