Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

BPE Legacy ABS Error 55/SS

• Admin

Sigh, so the $145 car has an issue.

It has an intermittent ABS fault.

It will sometimes go a few days without having a problem, then it'll throw a fault on 3 consecutive short drives.

Trip counter changes to ER 55 which some googling tells me may in fact be ER SS (Speed Sensor), ABS light and TC light come on and cruise control gets disabled.

I've removed all 4 wheels, checked the wiring in the arches, pulled the sensors out of the hubs and cleaned them, sprayed a pissload of brake-clean into the tone ring bit and the bloody thing popped the error again this morning.

The annoying thing is that as soon as you turn the car off it clears the fault code, so when I connect the diagnostic connectors to get the actual fault code which will tell me which corner is having issues then turn the car back on it doesn't have the fault any more :S

Any suggestions? Interweb reckons it's probably damage or something stuck to one of the tone rings but you have to pull the hub to check them so I'd at least like to know which corner has the issue first...

It seems like you are driving yourself around in circles, for the sake of $40 +gst, get a Subaru select monitor hooked up to it and retrieve the correct info.

If your check engine lamp comes on, it will also disable all other functions of the car which causes ABS, TC and cruise lamps to illuminate.

Are you using one of those BT adapters + app on your phone? I've got one of those real cheap ones from ebay + Torque and the combo seems to work fine for reading codes in real time.

I've done some quick research too, looks like it's a speed sensor and a scanner should tell you at what corner

(nothing new for you here, sorry)

39a1858s-960.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Status Updates

• MrSg9Sti04

Afternoon team,
      im new to the group first time posting. Im hoping some body can help me get my launch control all dialled in on my link g4x. Ive had the computer and car all tuned from chris at prestige awesome knowlegable guy super happy with the results but now im wanting to get my launch/anti lag all dialled in. Ive been reading multiple different forums etc all with different conflicking information which has made me nervious with what do i listen to this or that if you get what i mean. Now ive started to make myself familiar with my PClink software etc the past few weeks and im eager to learn how to do minor setups or tweaks etc so im not relieing on my tuner so much and obviously saving myself abit hurt in the back pocket. 
      Now back to the question at hand.... Im wondering if theres and one who could please share there knowledge and wisdom with setting all my values, timing, fuel etc when i have launch control armed and engaged, or even a launch tune file they can possibly send me to load onto my tune. Ive figured out the setup of my digital inputs turning launch control on etc and its obvisously on its pre set factory settings. It engages but doesnt sound the greatest or as angry as it should i feel. Hence reaching out to you good buggers. 

Cheers in advance for any info and help yous maybe able to give me.

Cheers Shaun
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  gotasuby

updated your DP's too : hope that's ok!
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  SAS

Updated your DP's to reflect your business page  
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  Nachoooo

Updated your Avatar : couldnt help myself  cheers!
      · 0 replies