Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Help with fitting cruise control

Kiwi60

Hi all,

I've been reading the sticky about and really want to get this happening in my 2006 Legacy 3.0R specB auto as I drive a minimum of 1000km / week for work, but have a couple of questions:

1: I'll need to buy the steering wheel controls, (plus the brake switch) can somebody confirm if I need the 8 pin; or another configuration for this wheel?

steering%20wheel_zpsareqvkdd.jpg

2. I broke my back a few years ago which makes crawling around upside down a very dangerous think to do if I want to keep walking, so is there anyone in Auckland who has done this before and would like to do the fitting etc for say $100 cash?

You can PM me if your interested, and if I haven't got my account activated correctly for PM, answer on here and we can get in contact.

Cheers

Graham

Hi there,

Have you seen the following post?

BP5Nut said:
Can confirm this works on pre-facelift gen 4 legacys. Installed it over the weekend on mine (2004 5spd turbo wagon). Cost me $92 for the switch & 4 pin brake switch from Strong's.

No lights on the dash, but works perfectly. Didn't do any updates or anything (that I could see anyway), just plugged in the switches and it worked.

Thanks for all the info in the thread - was a very painless process for me.

Need a different switch from the one shown in this thread for the pre-facelift cars though:

IMG_06171_zpsb1fb4fb7.jpg

Looks like those are the parts you need, wreckers will probably know exactly (especially if you forward them the photo above).

If yours was a facelift model I'd me more that happy to help. Not too sure about pre-facelift steering wheel :\

Hi Sobanoodle, yes I read that in the sticky, and I guess the next question is -'is mine a pre- face lift or post face lift model'?

Being brand new to Subaru ownership, I have no idea .

370924652_zpsctnjdrqj.jpg

Edited by Kiwi60

• 2 weeks later...

After a bad dose of the flu last weekend, I've been working on fitting the CC controls today.

Couldn't be easier, the plug is to the left of the green plug below

steering%20wheel_zpsjbyqqhj4.jpg

Strong's supplied the back part of the steering wheel with the CC still fitted so all I had to do was take the wheel off, swap the back cover, plug it in and everything works.

All up, about and hour and a half AND the CC lights on the dash work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cc1_zps2hzr9nqj.jpg

cc2_zpsnsnebnmh.jpg

Thanks for the help - and my back is still in one piece

Cheers

Edited by Kiwi60

Awesome, how much were the parts (for future reference)?

$140 for CC, steering wheel back cover (both used) and 1 x new 4 pole brake switch

Did you change the brake switch as well?

Yes, the 4 pole female connection was tucked up beside the bake pedal.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there,

I am wanting to do this on my 2006 3.0r Spec-B (facelift model) but I noticed that I have a STI Sport Sharp button where your cruise control lever is...? Would I need to go for the cruise control buttons instead? and are they the ones that fit on the right side of my steering wheel?

Thanks, Nathan

Rainydaytoast said:
Hey there,

I am wanting to do this on my 2006 3.0r Spec-B (facelift model) but I noticed that I have a STI Sport Sharp button where your cruise control lever is...? Would I need to go for the cruise control buttons instead? and are they the ones that fit on the right side of my steering wheel?

Thanks, Nathan

Post a photo please - never seen anything like that before.

Rainydaytoast said:
Hey there,

Thanks, Nathan

Yes that's what you'll need. Buttons on the right, directly on the steering wheel.

So it'll look like picture 3 & 4 of this:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/subaru/auction-926805090.htm

LOL got seriously confused with "STI" Sport#. That button got nothing to do with STI.

You have a facelift model, CC butons are integrated into the steering wheel (just like stereo controls). The CC lever is on pre-facelift maodels (2004-2006).

Have a look through this thread, most likely you'll find all the answers there (including the parts you'll need).