Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

J M R Automotive Developments.

Some of you would know about a recent engine failure I have had, where a intake valve on cylinder one has dropped on the piston during regular street driving. Upon pulling the motor out and stripping it down we also found that some of the valves were kissing the piston. On Cylinder 4 there was 2 exhaust valves and one intake valve kissing the piston and on cylinder 1 there was only one intake valve kissing the piston, what is really strange that the 1 and 3 banks move the same time as 2 and 4. But there is no signs of valve marks on sides 1 and 3 except for valve dropping on cylinder one. Cam timing was all maintained and checked by another an member off here to verify everything lined up. There were no mishifts or over rev because if that was the case it would have been on the other banks as they move at the same time. Brad the engine builder at JMR automotive developments has declined to fix my motor and has blamed it on the tune. Note that the bores, pistons and rings were all perfect there was no scoring or any signs of detonation. Side note, he had also installed cheap Chinese valves where as I had insisted that he replace with genuine Subaru valves

After almost $15,000 being spent on this motor, I will be taking it through the courts as I have sufficient evidence from builders and tuners who specialize in 4 cylinder performance car vehicles.

Just thought I put it out there if any of you guys are or thinking of dealing with him.

Regards,

Minhaaj.

• Admin

Good lad, look forward to seeing how this plays out.

I hope you have some written statements prepared for the courts.

EDIT: I can't find anything in the companies register about them, do you know what they trade as?

Chances are:

a. It's not actually a business

b. There is no "limited liability"

c. Any money will be coming out of the guys pocket so of course he is being a dick about it.

Edited by boon

boon said:

EDIT: I can't find anything in the companies register about them, do you know what they trade as?

Chances are:

c. Any money will be coming out of the guys pocket so of course he is being a dick about it.

I already knew it was going to turn out this way and I'm already half way through producing statements heaps of time and effort goes into it lol.

He is now GST registered as his business has gone over the 60,000 mark. A friend had confirmed this by a quote from him which said + GST.

SpeedySub said:
Please keep us updated how this goes. It would be good for follow members to see what happens in a case like this. How did you decide on using this place? Word of mouth or reviews on website?

He used to work at innovate Subaru and sub-tech, found him across a group.

boon said:

Chances are:

I found him, but this was a while ago and the company struck off in 2009. Looks like he was trading under a different name compared to now. Click the link to view.

http://www.business.govt.nz/companies/app/ui/pages/companies/1948018?backurl=%2Fcompanies%2Fapp%2Fui%2Fpages%2Findividual%2Fsearch%3Fq%3DFARROW+Bradley+James%26start%3D%26entitySearch%3D%26addressKeyword%3D%26postalCode%3D%26country%3D%26addressType%3D%26advancedPanel%3D%26roleType%3DDIR%26sf%3D%26sd%3D

Edited by Minaj

Cman83 said:

You're a new user with 2 posts on a single topic. You have absolutely no credibility what so ever.

That being said I don't think anyone is condemning anyone. Merely another member stating a builder who won't stand behind his work

Edited by evowrx

Cman83 said:
Hi guys. Understandably it is disappointing to have something you put so much cash into

If you have more to add pm me or other mod ive removed your other post i dont see any justification for leaving it here. Pretty clear you are brad or have alliances with him so well just leave it at that.

• General Member
 slystiguy said:
You're a new user with 2 posts on a single topic. You have absolutely no credibility what so ever.

That being said I don't think anyone is condemning anyone. Merely another member stating a builder who won't stand behind his work

pfft just cos someone is noisey doenst mean they know what they are doing, heck look at me

would be keen to hear mor about your build tho Cman83

I'm after some of your guy's opinion, have you ever had valves kiss the piston because of a tune i know this may be a stupid question but im only after your insights. I know if you run a lot of advance on avcs there is a chance that your valves would kiss the piston, this is mostly on aftermarket cams, but an engine builder would usually check this and tell you how much you can run before the valves kiss.

What Pistons did you use in your build? V7+ AVCS specific ones or early square dish type?

I have seen a couple of builds using early Pistons with AVCS and large cams have trouble with intake valves hitting Pistons and subsequently bending them all.

Tony said:
What Pistons did you use in your build? V7+ AVCS specific ones or early square dish type?

I have seen a couple of builds using early Pistons with AVCS and large cams have trouble with intake valves hitting Pistons and subsequently bending them all.

CP piston off NZ Performance, it was early square dish type. The thing with my motor some of the intake valves have touched but not all, on the other hand I don't have avcs on the exhaust side but 2 exhaust valves have kissed cylinder 4 piston and the others have nothing at all.

Minaj said:
CP piston off NZ Performance, it was early square dish type. The thing with my motor some of the intake valves have touched but not all, on the other hand I don't have avcs on the exhaust side but 2 exhaust valves have kissed cylinder 4 piston and the others have nothing at all.

Yeah CP don't do an off the shelf AVCS piston, they are special order. I know a guy that had the valve contact problem using the normal CPs in a V7+ build and ended up having to replace his intake valves. He then got the Pistons machined with valve reliefs and it was all good next time.