Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

How to get my V7 wrx sti handling better....

Hi everyone... another noob thread for ya.... lol

Im wanting to get my V7 wrx sti to handle a little more aggressive and get ride of that bloody body roll, feels like a whale. At the moment the car is on stock struts, springs and mags. the reason iv started this thread is i want to see what others recommend i do from personal experience... i want to avoid making it handle worse just for looks so any help is appreciated.

At the moment im thinking of putting some good quality sport springs into my standard struts (cant be #^&^# with adjusties) - possibly Tein, or if i can afford it Racecomp engineering springs, once thats done white line sway bars and bushes front and rear. <<<< has anyone done something similar and can lend some advice.

Cheers

yea def go adjustable rear swaybay mine is just a a 22mm no adjustment go for the 24mm heaps of room to move but beware of going to stiff bro i opted for new mounts and end links thought might as well go the full shebang

johnny5 said:
yea def go adjustable rear swaybay mine is just a a 22mm no adjustment go for the 24mm heaps of room to move but beware of going to stiff bro i opted for new mounts and end links thought might as well go the full shebang

so is 24mm better for what im after?

• Admin

24 with standard struts and basic springs is going to be an interesting setup - the sway bar will end up taking heaps of load because the shock/spring won't.

I reckon you'll break end links if you do it and drive the car somewhat hard...

Im running a 22mm 3 way on my gf8. Stiffness for setting in relation to a fixed bar are on the whiteline site iirc. If i run my 22mm in stiffest setting it corresponds to a 27mm or summat. Never broken one of my stock 200km end links.

Correct me if im wrong (not long back in Country). Swaybars no cert endlinks will require.?

Been pricing Swaybars recently everything in nz is a joke price wise MRT on Australia ebay seem to be the go. Shipping is reasonable too

• Admin
 manz said:
Correct me if im wrong (not long back in Country). Swaybars no cert endlinks will require.?

Been pricing Swaybars recently everything in nz is a joke price wise MRT on Australia ebay seem to be the go. Shipping is reasonable too

Nah no cert issues with swaybar or endlinks...

• Admin
 hunter951 said:
So 22mm adjustable in the front an rear will be sufficient? Im not rushing into anything yet as i dont wanna make it worse

Don't do the front. It will make it understeery.

Stock front, 22-23mm rear is the proven recipe for a nice handling street car with this chassis.

Not bad...should be best you will see in nz and ebay if not let me know.

Buying new stuff off Trademe is just dumb. Pretty much always cheaper direct thro the seller and its pretty bloody obvious who they are most of the time.

whatshouldiget? said:
Autolign in auckland qouted me a Brand new set of teins for $365inc last time i checked. Maybe give them a call and ask for the best cash trade price they can do

Nothing available for v7 sti dude. Ex japan custom made now.

boon said:
24 with standard struts and basic springs is going to be an interesting setup - the sway bar will end up taking heaps of load because the shock/spring won't.

I reckon you'll break end links if you do it and drive the car somewhat hard...

Wouldn't the 24mm on its softest setting be comparable to a 22mm with the hardest setting being equal to a 27mm

• Admin
 johnny5 said:
Wouldn't the 24mm on its softest setting be comparable to a 22mm with the hardest setting being equal to a 27mm

I don't think it works like that - at the end of the day you're still twisting the same piece of metal

GC8E2DD said:
Yes, but with more or less leverage depending on the distance from the link to the perpendicular axis of rotation right?

Yarp, its all about length of levers, change the length change the effect it has.