Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

New ACC levies in your Rego, info here

Joker

Heres a link to the ACC page for affected vechiles. No Subarus

http://www.acc.co.nz/for-individuals/other-motorists/wpc138205#P7_605

My rego is due soon so will be giving them a call to see what the deal is with my car. its not really about the money (my levy still is lower than before) its the principle of the thing! It should be model based in my rightous opinion

Edited by SpeedySub

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

boon said:
Waiting on next response.....

Looking forward to this as i have an 01 V7 STI and seems **** to just be cut off right before the 02.. but its confusing as they now have said that what.. 99-03 will be band 2? I don't know whats going on haha, looking forward to their response.

boon said:
Yes, the whole thing is a debacle really.

I wonder if that changes anything for us?

EDIT: Because I'm a c0ck I've written a nice bleat to the reporter that wrote that article, if he's in the mood to give ACC a bit of a kicking then hopefully he'll get stuck in some more.

Pretty funny they mentioned said Cock in the forwarding story to

• Admin
 OskarHey said:
Looking forward to this as i have an 01 V7 STI and seems **** to just be cut off right before the 02.. but its confusing as they now have said that what.. 99-03 will be band 2? I don't know whats going on haha, looking forward to their response.

Where did you see that re. 99-03? I was sent some stuff from ACC that said something similar quite a while ago but it turned out that they were using an old document...

boon said:
Aaaaand I have phoned the special ACC line for it, registered my displeasure and requested they review the bracketing used for the Subaru Impreza :)

Haven't had time to call yet but will be doing this too. Is it a real person you talk to, or do you have to leave a message? Maybe we should try to get every member here that is affected (either Impreza or legacy) to call? maybe if they get enough calls they will realize their mistake (or ignore us like a good government agency)

• Admin
 pedro said:
And to think they had the opportunity to set a fixed rate of circa $110 for everyone,,

Now wouldn't that have been both simpler and fairer..

Hell no. The whole point is supposed to be fairness - if you want to drive an unsafe(ish/er) car you can expect to pay more for the increased likelihood of you costing the government money.

The unfairness is when 2 identical cars are being taxed at different rates - no tax without representation thank you very much :P

boon said:
Hell no. The whole point is supposed to be fairness - if you want to drive an unsafe(ish/er) car you can expect to pay more for the increased likelihood of you costing the government money.

The unfairness is when 2 identical cars are being taxed at different rates - no tax without representation thank you very much :P

So the people that can afford to buy a new car pay less than the people that can't afford to buy a new car..

Doesn't sound fair to me..Ha..

• Admin

Agree with boon there. When they crash the cars f'd but thats their insurance's problem, not ACC. They'll in theory be in alot better shape than someone driving an early 90's car who will then cost ACC more in hospital bills, hence why the system exists as it does.

• 3 weeks later...
 boon said:
Aaaaaaand complained to the Ombudsman, middle finger to your bull**** ACC.

Let us know what they replied. I got my rego the other week (after forgetting it was due for a week!!)didn't bother trying ACC about it as just didn't have time. But if you get a good result I will definitely go back to them to complain.

Well this is a load of crock, went to the site : http://rightcar.govt.nz/rego.html and put my car in and get 200bux something for year rego, found a car TM which is a STI Spec C identical to my car comes up with 138bux how the heck do they work that out, car on TM is this http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/subaru/auction-916585138.htm so annoyed right now!

• Admin
 4G63B8 said:
Well this is a load of crock, went to the site : http://rightcar.govt.nz/rego.html and put my car in and get 200bux something for year rego, found a car TM which is a STI Spec C identical to my car comes up with 138bux how the heck do they work that out, car on TM is this http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/subaru/auction-916585138.htm so annoyed right now!

I assume yours is an '01? Or what?

4G63B8 said:

You might be like me (and a lot of other people). As stated previously in this post I miss out on the cheaper rate just cause my car was made in 1998 not 1999 even theough they are the same model. Due to flawed methodology in how they apply the statistics. As said before my car is not less safe(?) than one made 6 months later.

It really makes you wonder who was responsible for this new levy roll out... I mean like, they get paid the big $$ to manage things like this... but it would appear they haven't even consulted/tested/listened to their findings before rolling out the new pricing system. Why? I would really like to know why or how this even got to this stage. It would seem that a simple observer or someone in the automotive trade could have pointed this issue out long before it was an issue.... So why? Who? How?

It screams incompetence and I honestly question how such a simple obvious mistake could have been made at the level these people are supposed to be at. Not good enough! And this same government operation makes the rules on how/where/when we drive our cars and they're basically showing themselves to be clueless... Makes you wonder...

Maybe about time for someone to be addressing these questions and making changes to eliminate similar issues in the future yea?