New ACC levies in your Rego, info here

Joker

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

I'm ****ing spewing.

2001 Impreza is L1 band which is the same as my 1992 Hilux.

2002 Impreza is L4

They're the same ****ing car.

Why is this country run by ****ing morons. I swear to god. What the ****, honestly.

EDIT: And just for a kick in the balls, I have 2 cars expiring right at the end of June, and I'll still get stung the old rate even if I reg them in July.

Edited by boon

• General Member

what the hell are yous blabbering about? is that stuff on one of the links in the article?

theres a L list?

edit

ahh found it

[TABLE=class: frame-none]

[TR=class: row]

[TD=class: rowsep]Subaru[/TD]

[TD=class: rowsep][/TD]

[TD=class: rowsep]BRZ[/TD]

[TD=class: rowsep]2012 to current[/TD]

[TD=class: rowsep]4[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: rowsep]Exiga[/TD]

[TD=class: rowsep]2008 to 2011[/TD]

[TD=class: rowsep]4[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: rowsep]Forester[/TD]

[TD=class: rowsep]1984 to 1988

1997 to current[/TD]

[TD=class: rowsep]1

4[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: rowsep]Impreza[/TD]

[TD=class: rowsep]1992 to 2001

2002 to current[/TD]

4[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: rowsep]Justy[/TD]

[TD=class: rowsep]1984 to 1991

1992 to 1994[/TD]

2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: rowsep]Legacy / Outback[/TD]

[TD=class: rowsep]1989 to 1993

1994 to 1998

1999 to current[/TD]

4[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: rowsep]Leone / Omega[/TD]

[TD=class: rowsep]1978 to 1994[/TD]

[TD=class: rowsep]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: rowsep]Rex[/TD]

[TD=class: rowsep]1981 to 1992[/TD]

[TD=class: rowsep]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: rowsep]SVX[/TD]

[TD=class: rowsep]1991 to 1992

1993 to 1996[/TD]

[TD=class: rowsep]2

3[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: rowsep]Traviq[/TD]

[TD=class: rowsep]2001 to 2005[/TD]

[TD=class: rowsep]3[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: rowsep]Tribeca[/TD]

[TD=class: rowsep]2006 to 2011

2012 to 2014[/TD]

4[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: rowsep]Vivio[/TD]

[TD=class: rowsep]1992 to 1995

1996 to 1997[/TD]

3[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

http://www.legislation.govt.nz/regulation/public/2015/0060/latest/whole.html

Edited by Joker

Damn. Ive got a 1998 BH legacy and will pay $126. If I had a 99 BH I would pay $68!!!! The strange thing is I find conflicting info on when they were actually manufactured. I have read they were realised in 1998 (my year) but other places say it was released in 1999, is due to different region date releases? (will have a look under the bonnet for info tonight to see if I can clarify things)

boon said:
I'm ****ing spewing.

2002 Impreza is L4

Why is this country run by ****ing morons. I swear to god. What the ****, honestly.

EDIT: And just for a kick in the balls, I have 2 cars expiring right at the end of June, and I'll still get stung the old rate even if I reg them in July.

I was expecting that, that's why I did my last rego for 4 months to expire in July ;)

sobanoodle said:
You can actually find exact day/month/year when your car was produced. PM me your chassis number.

Sweet, will do tonight, but not holding my breath too much. Im guessing thats what they used to when they first registered it in NZ

Looked up my chassis code and it appears that my care was manufactured in July 1998. The change over point for Legacys is 1999. Is there any point writing to the to tell them that there is no difference between a July 1998 BH legacy and a January 1999 BH legacy? Would my car still be a MY99?

• Admin
 SpeedySub said:
Looked up my chassis code and it appears that my care was manufactured in July 1998. The change over point for Legacys is 1999. Is there any point writing to the to tell them that there is no difference between a July 1998 BH legacy and a January 1999 BH legacy? Would my car still be a MY99?

I have written them a very friendly email pointing out much the same with the Impreza (and that they are ****wits) so we shall see how that goes.

boon said:
I have written them a very friendly email pointing out much the same with the Impreza (and that they are ****wits) so we shall see how that goes.

Who did you write to? I'm wondering if theres quite a few people out there in the same situation? If we could get a lot of people to write in maybe they will re look at it (Hahaha I just thought about it I don't think they would!)

I wonder if the system will make a decision based on the year of manufacture or on the model code (which is more accurate), i.e in 1998 there was a older BG(B11) and a newer BH(B12), that could be why they have 94-98 to cover B11 generation and then 99-on to cover all the newer generations. General public, in most cases, won't know what chassis code their car is, but they sure will know what year it is.

Just my thoughts on this, I hope the system is a bit more sophisticated than that table above.

• Admin

I think that's what it was supposed to be, but they f*cked up the changeover years for a whole lot of cars.

EDIT: The more I look at that table, the more I'm septic that a GG/GD chassis Impreza is somehow the same category as a 1992.

Further edit: I have contacted the AA for their take on things, it's just stupid and stupid things annoy the hell out of me. It should be done by chassis code, anyone with even a small degree of automotive nous could tell you that.

Edited by boon

boon can ya keep me updated on this situation its a total crock of **** My GD is registered as one of the first coming out in 2000 so theres no way I'll get the maximum discount

Feel like I'm getting bent over the hood of my car while ACC ram me with a dildo singing Y.M.C.A :mad:

Edited by johnny5

boon said:
I'm ****ing spewing.

2002 Impreza is L4

Mate its no different over in the UK either the government are out to rape and pillage the motorist. Just in the UK it will cost you a lot more around 490 pounds (roughly $980) a year to rego a 2006 Impreza going up to almost 900 pounds for your high class motors.

So really overall I'm quite happy as the ergo have come down for my scoob and the defender too.......:):):)

• General Member

I wouldn't waste your time getting panties in a twist over change over years, it not like the pen pusher will even remotely know what a GC vs GB is (whatever I dont know Impreza's either)

they have to have a cutoff & that's it, they will be using stats provided to them mainly followed less likely by manufacturer information

be interesting to see/hear if you get a result mind you, "dont ask you dont get" after all

only of my Hillmans will be 40 next year?