Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Scarles Turbo manufacturer??

Hi guys

Just a FYI if you are interested.

Have had a little bit of time to kill at work and have been looking into the Scarles turbo i have sitting in the garage at home trying to find as much info as possible about it. Theres not really much out there but think i have found something.

After a bit of digging on the web I was able to find something that resembles pretty much what i have.

The part number matches exactly. The only difference was that the one i have has Scarles branded on it.

Also the specs seem to match, below and what was advertised on the Scarles website

04dikbjt.3ex.jpg

From what I've read, some people have had mixed results with these units, mainly bad though. For example only lasting 2500 miles before crapping itself but another saying they've had it for a year with no issues. These reviews were from around 2010 onwards so I'm not sure if the quality of the turbo has improved since.

One guy from Taiwan who posted on Nasioc has had an ok result with one

tkwgxbim.odg.jpg

His reason for getting one was that they were locally made and he could get them for really cheap so wanted to test and see how good they were.

Here's another result he got on a Virtual Dyno

j4uitngl.gya.jpg

He also mentioned that the same turbo was sold under 3 brands - KAMAK, ZAGE and CHSH and all 3 are Taiwan based companies.

Interesting what Google can come up with when you have a bit of a dig around.....i was able to download a product catalogue too

ADIKT']You could be a part of the clubsub CSI team

So are you going to use it?

Not sure, thinking of selling it for what i bought it for and putting the money towards another turbo. Have been in touch with Murch about getting something built. Wonder if he can work his majic on it and make it a better unit than what it is at the moment???

[quote name='evowrx said:

Thats a 2.5 correct?

Yep, the posted dyno plots are from a 2.5

• Admin
 evowrx said:
The whole same as routine hearkens back to the "tomei headers are the same as kamak ones just more expensive". Facts on the web are not always truth.

The Tomei headers are 100% the SSI ones. They even have SSI cast into the flanges just in between the runners....