Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Flat-Nat's Sept 12 2015 Manfield

wildturkey

the Flat-Nats Facebook page is still being worked on but we are close guys real close. Bear with us. For now I'm posting update info across a number of forums including this one and Facebook pages.

As soon as the Flat-Nats events page is up we'll be able to centralise all our info and messages in one place

Nearly there guys and things are coming together nicely

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sup guyz.....Flat-Nats......would you be interested in doing dyno runs on the first day of Flat-Nats (12 Sept)?

$100 to hook a 4WD up to a Dyna Pack dyno. You will get 4-6 runs with a boost and oxygen sensor.

Book and pay before 12 Aug

What interest?

• 2 weeks later...

We are now taking payments for the Flat-Nats Manfeild track day (grip event) 12 Sept. We have 36 slots to fill so let's fill em up with Subies!!

Payment details:

Pay $110 (per car) into the DOBC Club Account

Bank: ASB Account no: 12 - 3013 - 0153931 - 01

Ref: 1st initial and last name

PM us here when you've made payment so we can track it

12 Aug is the cut off for payments. We can fully refund up to 12 Aug. After that you'll need to negotiate a refund with Playday on Track who are hosting the track day. Get in early to secure your spot!

You will need helmet, 100% cotton overalls or racesuit, and mounted fire extinguisher. All drivers will need to register on the day and fill out indemnity form.

And don't forget....before the track day starts ALL subies whether your tracking your car or not, are welcome to line up on the track in 3 columns for 2-3 low speed laps while we video and photograph the pack!

as above......helmet, 100% cotton overalls or racesuit, and mounted fire extinguisher. Just standard Playday compliance.

St Johns onsite all day, fire extinguishers at points around the track. Track briefing covers all other safety aspects including under/overtaking in corners, oil on track, fire, red green orange lights, etc...

I will cover off the key Playday briefing messages on FB and the forums as we lead up to Flat-Nats

Look for Approved Helmet Standards: http://www.motorsport.org.nz/sites/default/files/motorsport/manual/Live%2035%20App%202.01%20Sch%20A_0.pdf

You can get cotton overalls in lots of places. I think NZ Safety has them for instance. The important thing if using overalls rather than a race suit (like I do), is that they are 100% cotton (and labelled as such for the scrutineer) and they are CLEAN. You don't want to be the human torch in the oily overalls. Scrutineers will pull you up on this.

Playday rules are very different indeed. For example.....there is no scrutineering as someone who regularly complies with MSNZ rules would understand scrutineering to be.

Playdays are actually run as 'non competitive' 'driver training sessions' with a 'trainer' on hand to sit alongside drivers to show them braking points, lines etc.....to anyone observing Playdays (apart from those regularly complying with MSNZ regs), Playdays look and feel like a regular track event....but they are technically not.

They also have strict rules in place re: undertaking/overtaking in the corners.....you can't. If 2 cars touch.....you are both off the track for the day. Fire extinguisher brackets do not have to be the double strap type for Playdays but we are advising people to buy double strap types if they are intending to enter MSNZ events.

I will be reinforcing the 'Playday rules' and differences to people over the coming months through the Flat-Nats FB page and DOBC and CS forums so everyone understands well ahead of time what the expectations and rules are for Playday events.

I'm also completely comfortable with people applying MSNZ standards to the Playday if they want to.

Edited by wildturkey

Are you running a list showing empty spots left?

Prick weekend for me as work commitments for week either side mean im travelling down fri night from whangarei then back on sunday night for work monday lol.

evowrx said:

Prick weekend for me as work commitments for week either side mean im travelling down fri night from whangarei then back on sunday night for work monday lol.

I'm same as you bro! Convoy?

You trailering or driving it?

Prob trailer behind guitarguys sweet foz. Convoy hard with a midnight feast somewhere. Best laid plan at this stage as daughter will be 6 months then so just got to work around the kids as wifes keen as too.

evowrx said:
Prob trailer behind guitarguys sweet foz. Convoy hard with a midnight feast somewhere. Best laid plan at this stage as daughter will be 6 months then so just got to work around the kids as wifes keen as too.

Well I'm keen to convoy. Will pay my track spot next Monday on payday.

Im keen to trailer mine. Just need to see if I can gank the old mans truck that weekend

evowrx said:

Yes there is a countdown on available spots on the actual Flat-Nats Events page

Main FN page here https://www.facebook.com/flatnats

FN Events page here https://www.facebook.com/events/1391400207843817/

It's all in the planning bro........6 months out

wildturkey said:
Playday rules are very different indeed ... Fire extinguisher brackets do not have to be the double strap type for Playdays but we are advising people to buy double strap types if they are intending to enter MSNZ events.

I see. Well take it with a grain of salt, and not aimed at anyone in particular, but ...

If you are going to buy any of helmet/ fire extinguisher/ overalls or suit, I think you'd be crazy not to get Schedule A compliant stuff. It may not even cost any more (likely), and yet the result is if you enjoy this you automatically have the requisite gear for clubsport events. If you decide you don't like tracking your car, you at least have stuff that should be very easy to sell and recoup money on. My two cents anyway =]

Joker said:
no worse than any other "basic track/open day"

isn't it? I have had my car checked out by someone at every trackday apart from recent playday events... they used to at least open the bonnet and look around a bit.