Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Flat-Nat's Sept 12 2015 Manfield

wildturkey

Don't get too hung up on the Playday regs guys. You're actually comparing apples with oranges. Playdays are not an MSNZ sanctioned event nor are they pretending to be. They are not competitive race days. They are non competitive track days with a driver training component. The extent to which Playday chooses to adopt MSNZ scrutineering and safety regs is entirely up to them. I have even confirmed with Tony today that it's not even compulsory for Playday cars to have fire extinguishers....double bracket or single.......it's actually optional.

Edited by wildturkey

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if my comment seemed attacking , was just stating what I do. As you've said Playday , or anyone running a trackday has no obligation to adopt any form of scrutineering or safety rules , there is actually no guidelines for it.

Personally id like to see MSNZ adopt a trackday format under the Clubsport umbrella , and hopefully in time i'll be making a submission to the clubsport commission.

• General Member
 ADIKT said:
Well I'm keen to convoy. Will pay my track spot next Monday on payday.

Im keen to trailer mine. Just need to see if I can gank the old mans truck that weekend

If you gents get a convoy together let me know. I am all paid and will be travelling down from Hamilton. Not sure if driving the WRX or towing it behind our (yet to be purchased) Legacy.

evowrx said:
Joe is this just a trackday+dyno or have you got some other sides planned?

the skeleton 2 day prog is here ...... https://www.facebook.com/events/1391400207843817/ but yes we are adding various sides as we go.

Day 1: (Rata St entrance) Welcome, track Video & Photo Shoot & Track day (Playday Grip Event)

Day 1 evening: Cruise to Palmy, dinner, 'hard park', and night photoshoot

Day 2 morning: (South St entrance) Show'n Shine, Meet'nGreet, Mix'n Mingle, prizes

Day 2 'arvo: (South St entrance) Scavenger hunt and wrap up

Gate entry fee: Gold coin per person (excl those doing track day)

Scavenger hunt fee: $20 per car

we are still firming up our 2nd line sponsors as well

Hey Joe, def not trying to bring your event into disrepute... I really like the playday format, but just pointing out that the

scrutineering doesn't exist. Any cars that are up to WOF standard should be fine anyway, and generally trailed race cars are

regularly scrutineered at other events.

Hi all, we look forward meeting you all.

we will have some of our workshop equipment on hand for SSM Track car (jacks/stands/tools/diagnostic equipment/wideband etc) at the event if you are traveling from all over the country and worrying about carrying extra weight etc available to use

feel free to stop in and say hi.

**==

there's still a lot of work to be done to bring this together so that's where my focus is.

I'll do my best to keep the forum info up to date but Facebook is purposely our central point for communications and messaging because of the fast response times and the reach it has into the Subaru community up and down the country.

evowrx said:
Are you running a list showing empty spots left?

Prick weekend for me as work commitments for week either side mean im travelling down fri night from whangarei then back on sunday night for work monday lol.

can you get time off work if you book 6 months in advance?

wildturkey said:
can you get time off work if you book 6 months in advance?

Nope storeman takes those 2 weeks off every year for speedway. Soon as the dates went up my face dropped lol. Its allgood tho just means ill be the zombie sales rep come monday.

evowrx said:
Nope storeman takes those 2 weeks off every year for speedway. Soon as the dates went up my face dropped lol. Its allgood tho just means ill be the zombie sales rep come monday.

got someone to share the driving with?.......that's a long haul

evowrx said:
Prob trailer behind guitarguys sweet foz. Convoy hard with a midnight feast somewhere. Best laid plan at this stage as daughter will be 6 months then so just got to work around the kids as wifes keen as too.

Yep.

Since when do cars and sacrifice not go hand in hand?

updated Flat-Nats track list

Banky 1992 RSRA Legacy (PAID & CONFIRMED)

DCVR 1989 RS Legacy (PAID & CONFIRMED)

Brandon Dunn 1991 RS Legacy (PAID & CONFIRMED)

JohnnyNZ GC8 Rex (PAID & CONFIRMED)

William H Bonney B4 Beast! (PAID & CONFIRMED)

Workshopmgr 1997 Rex wagon (PAID & CONFIRMED)

SSM 1998 GTB (Banana Boat) (PAID & CONFIRMED)

Wade Blackley 1993 Rex RA (PAID)

Kristi 1993 Rex (PAID)

BazzaNZ 1994 Rex (PAID & CONFIRMED)

Richard Feraru 1996 Rex (PAID)

Terrance King 1998 V5 Rex sti

DacerX and Timmah 1996 GC1 Imprezza (PAID)

We've now booked an extra group....

41 spots left

Edited by wildturkey

Flat-Nats track day fees are $110 per car. You can have as many drivers as you like but they must all be registered at the start of the day. Deposit your track fee into the DOBC Club account.

Bank: ASB

AC no: 12-3013-0153931-01

Ref: 1st initial & last name

Post up here or PM me when you've made payment so we can track it and confirm.......go nutz!

Updated Flat-Nats track list as of 22 April

Banky 1992 RSRA Legacy (PAID & CONFIRMED)

DCVR 1989 RS Legacy (PAID & CONFIRMED)

Brandon Dundaberg 1991 RS Legacy (PAID & CONFIRMED)

JohnnyNZ GC8 Rex (PAID & CONFIRMED)

William H Bonney B4 Beast! (PAID & CONFIRMED)

Workshopmgr 1997 Rex wagon (PAID & CONFIRMED)

SSM 1998 GTB (Banana Boat) (PAID & CONFIRMED)

Wade Blackley 1993 Rex RA (PAID)

Kristi 1993 Rex (PAID)

BazzaNZ 1994 Rex (PAID & CONFIRMED)

Richard Feraru 1996 Rex (PAID & CONFIRMED)

Terrace King 1998 v5 Rex sti (PAID)

DacerX & Timmah 1996 GC1 Imprezza (PAID)

Daniel Odering 1989 RS Legacy (PAID & CONFIRMED)

Mike Geater 1989 RSRA Legacy (PAID & CONFIRMED)

Morris Mustchin 2000 Rex sti (PAID & CONFIRMED)

38 spots left

Edited by wildturkey