Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Brakes suitable for trackday

So the time has come to do my first trackday in this car and seeing as i have over a month to prep i was thinking about changing my brakes cause they seem to be needing a change soon. Now question is.....What Brake pads do you guys all run when usually on a trackday. I was thinking about Ferodo pads as they have a good heat range for track use however not sure on what they would be like for everyday use seeing as it is my daily driven car. All ideas and input is highly appreciated.

Thanks

pagid yellow for the fronts are very good on the track... never fade or degrade in any way... only require low pedal pressure

for even very hard braking... don't grab or lockup easily... last for much longer than any other pad I have used.

loner said:
pagid yellow for the fronts are very good on the track... never fade or degrade in any way... only require low pedal pressure

for even very hard braking... don't grab or lockup easily... last for much longer than any other pad I have used.

Good advice from the lone one ..

However you could save some money and get some Remsa branded pads..these are fitted by various Euro manufacturers as OEM and will cope with alot of heavy braking..

I was a bit sceptical at first however after 4 track days they still are only half worn and have worked very well..

pedro said:
Good advice from the lone one ..

However you could save some money and get some Remsa branded pads..these are fitted by various Euro manufacturers as OEM and will cope with alot of heavy braking..

I was a bit sceptical at first however after 4 track days they still are only half worn and have worked very well..

Wow thats not bad!

What car just out of interest?

GC8E2DD said:
Holy bovine batman! How do they treat your rotors?

Rotors seem to be ok Robin...

Maybe i don't use the brakes as hard as some of youse guys..

Just enough to retard speed to get around the corners mostly..

Or theres always the "scandie flick" to scrub off a bit more..

Just go get a set of normal street whatever pads...

Honestly Don't bother wasting your money on pads just for one trackday then used on the street for the rest of their lives.

unless your instantly quick and have a lot of power you are not going to need more than you have now..

madmike said:
Just go get a set of normal street whatever pads...

Honestly Don't bother wasting your money on pads just for one trackday then used on the street for the rest of their lives.

unless your instantly quick and have a lot of power you are not going to need more than you have now..

Good advice for people who don't mind running out of brakes at the end of a straight at well over 160km.

For extra fun, why not drain the brake fluid and refill with water?

Edited by loner

pedro said:
Rotors seem to be ok Robin...

Maybe i don't use the brakes as hard as some of youse guys..

Just enough to retard speed to get around the corners mostly..

Or theres always the "scandie flick" to scrub off a bit more..

Are you on semi's or road tyres and what sort of times were you doing at Manfeild on these?

I put the same type of pads in my brothers Evo 5, which has big Brembo thingys and they did work well, for a road pad.