Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Help! just finished build now car wont start!

STI7

Just tryed to start my v7 sti after about 5months of building it. Its cranking and sorta running on like 1or2 cylinders but not fully firing up.

All ive put in that could relate to this are:

Hks 660 injectors

Tomei fpr

Deatchwerks pump

GFB ebc

New heat 7 spark plugs

3 guages.

Any help please my tune date is coming up...!

The injectors you have are about a good what, 30% bigger than stock?

And why do you have the fancy FPR - and what have you set that to as well?

If you *lower* the pressure then you'll get less CC's of fuel per squirt but it's a pretty backyard / macguyver spec way to do things

If you are getting it tuned shortly, then maybe wait till whoever is tuning it can scale to suit. If you aren't getting it tuned shortly then put the stockers back in until you do

(edit - just read you're getting it tuned... if you are able to swap injectors in and out easily then chuck the stockers back in until that date and rule that out as being your problem)

STI7 said:
Ohk thankyou kiwi fozzi. Is bore washing extemely bad ? :/ have only cranked it afew times... and to prime turbo..

Also could it possibly be that my maf sensor is now in a 4" intake?

Yeah bud have a quick google on that term...as above or just trailer it over for the tune.

• Admin

It won't be that bad. I trundled around on a wet-finger-in-the-air fuel map for about a month with 1600cc injectors and nothing terrible happened.

But your plugs probably look pretty scungy by now and there's gonna be fuel in your oil which is bad juju too, recommend doing an oil change before you get it on the dyno.

Wise man told me fuel in oil eats jb turbos.

My plugs kept fouling trying to get master fuel sorted as it kept reverting back to original tune as it kept going offline unsaved. Lucky plugs werent hard to pull out and clean. Found coppers were far more forgiving.

If you want a quick explanation, you're getting one and if you don't want it I don't care I'm typing it anyway

Your computer doesn't know that the injectors you have are half as big again as normal - so it's squirting in half as much fuel on top of normal - and that's also assuming the fuel *pressure* has been set to the right level too. If that's too high, it means more fuel again

The AFM is the same story - it measures X airflow through a 3inch tube normally. What you've done is made that half as big again, so it *thinks* it has next to no flow through it, when it is just reading way low... Like if someone wrote 2l on all your coke bottles but they were actually smaller, you'd assume you have more than you really do

The "rescaling" of the AFM is adjusting the readings your computer uses to suit the bigger pipe - and the retune of your ecu takes into account the now bigger injectors

Please stay tuned for more updates, same battime same batchannel

Edited by Marky