• Raised $0.00

FOUND White Legacy FKB700 Wellington

blackseb

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My baby has been recovered!

She was found abandoned at the top of Crofton Downs. Minus Rota's and BC Gold's and a few other bits and pieces. But for now, it seems, minimal damage to bodywork etc. And hopefully not too much from falling off the jack on the right side. Going to look at it tomorrow morning see the full extent of damage.

And soon, hopefully, the rebuild begins! Minimal cost back to stock for now.

May need some help with a few bits and pieces so hopefully you guys can offer some advice if needed.

Cheers

P1130982_zpsf7e87b98.jpg

P1130980_zpsb1a118d6.jpg

Thanks for all the info guys. So in order to get it back on the road would it have to be re-certed only if I changed the setup from the cert plate? Would I be able to get away with stock and not mention it has a cert? I was planning to put it stock then sell it to make back a little bit of what I've lost. However with the cert problems it's easier just to forget about it and cut my losses.

If I had room to part it out I most likley would do, but unfortunately I don't. If anyone is after a parts car it's pretty good as far as that goes. 160xxx ks Manual gearbox and engine were mint last time I drove it.

Unfortunatley I have to make a decision soon to get it out of the tow yard and I'm so unsure but with cert issues will head towards scrapping, but I'll never get anything near what it's worth even in it's current condition from them..

Also, a front brake line was cut when the suspension was being removed, hence the fluid is empty. I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on how easy/ difficult this is to remedy as my experience in braking systems is limited. Is it as simple as replacing the line and refilling and bleeding the brakes? Not that I'm sure how to bleed the brakes even..

Cheers guys

blackseb said:
Also, a front brake line was cut when the suspension was being removed, hence the fluid is empty. I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on how easy/ difficult this is to remedy as my experience in braking systems is limited. Is it as simple as replacing the line and refilling and bleeding the brakes? Not that I'm sure how to bleed the brakes even..

Cheers guys

You've answered you own question, Replace the line, fill and bleed.

Also - I've seen plenty of cars on standard suspension with cert plates for adjusties.

One way i see it, if you sell it with a cert plates for adjusties it could be a selling point for someone - Oh look a car with a cert already... ill buy some adjusties and chuck them in with some wheels and im done.

The cop said he was passing it on to the car crime squad because it seemed very professional and was of high interest to them. However, also said they currently had no suspects. Apparantly forester boot parts were found left in my car, so they suspect they've taken up two stolen Subies and dumped mine and used the other. So while it's good they're doing there job, it's hard to see how far they'll get.

You guys all give me inspiration to rebuild her, although the towey mentioned that because the suspension has been reported as stolen, a mechanic needs to install the suspension or "certify" that it's all been done correctly. I'm unsure whether that means it will have to be re-certed or just checked over..? So thats tomorrow's mission.

Sitting in the tow yard on no struts and space savers it's on the ground, seems bagged out which is a new look! :P

Do you guys reckon this may have done damage to other components sitting on no struts? Hoping that if I go to rebuild it I don't find whole lots of bent and mangled suspension parts.

No fire and theft only third party currently.. Due to being 19 and the ridiculous premiums, excesses etc, I was attempting to sort it. Tough way to learn that lesson but moving on and everything.

So therefore writing it off is all up to me. The repair shouldn't cost too much from what I know needs doing. Don't want to fix it all up and find that it has terminal engine damage or something though. Lets hope a screwdriver in the ignition still works so I can suss the engine first.

Suby Manic: Trust me, it's not truly safe. Any knowledagble, dedicated and complete **** of a person can get past it. If it's insured though you're alright. I had my car completely hidden so I must have been followed or gps tracked. Had all the wiring put further up in the dash, which just meant more damage to the dash.

I mean I had locknuts too that have just disappeared, so nothing can truly stop these ****s.

Some alarms are better than others apparently. Mongoose, which I had is one of the not so reliable Subie ones.

The more visible security the better though surely.