Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

STOLEN subaru version 4 type r WGTN

https://www.facebook.com/jayden.keats

My car has just been stolen around 4am heard them take off was parked in my driveway ,only just got it on the road after 2months, been building it up, it's a 1998 version 4 Sti coupe type r in white number plate cuj567,has no number plate on the front

dont know how they got it going it has 4 different imobilisers:( I do remember seeing a red r32 skyline lerking around my street driving slowly yesterday so If any one knows anything please let me know,

wont let me put photos up as there to large?

Taken from paremata/ whitby in wellington

Edited by Guest

Yeah so pissed even heard them take off! Yeah man full insurance but havent told them about my link g4

sucks I had some tools for work In there, snap on too :( haha

hmm another c.s member put up a link to this parts place and scrolling around there junk i came across this http://www.subspare.co.nz/stocklist-subaru-panels-hamilton-auckland/subaru-imprezas/1997-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-coupe-454#!14.1

Has all parts available and same sticker down the side but no end caps. strange wrecking what seems a perfect looking car especially a coupe and with limited pics!?

front cuts, rear cuts available and good engine and box.. doesn't look like a wreck unless its been hit on the otherside?

Perhaps someone local could check it out for you?

Hope you get your car back dude!

Edited by hijacka

Thanks guys,

cars been found !! I rang the police at like 430am and said they will send some patrol cars around wellington, got a call this morning around 9am saying my car has been found, and has been in high pursuit the cops said he was going 200+ ks and said they couldn't catch him haha, they found the car parked up in stokes valley abandoned near a random house and they flead the place, went down to the station and had a look and its just some panel damage and ignition and alarm is stuuuuffed, also they took the grill and dipstick hahaa

but havent turned her over yet so not sure how the engine will be :/

But another win!

Nah my excess is to high so think I have to sort it my self which is stupid

and the cops think it was professionals taking it to a chop shop but got spooked when they saw the cops on them, but who knows ,

• Admin

What sort of alarm did it have in it?

I can give you a post-mortem on how they got past it if you're interested. And recommend a couple of installers who will put the alarm in properly next time so it doesn't go missing again.

I had a avs 5 star alarm with all the goodies on it, and I had a seperate imobilser you have to push some buttons and do stuff with, so yeah that would be cool how they got through it, because I seems like it was someone that knows my car, like a tyre shop place or something

• Admin

How many remotes have you got?

Would be super interesting to know if both your remotes are still coded to the alarm - most of them only support 2 remotes and they drop the one used the longest time ago, so if you have a spare remote and a dodgy bugger at a tyre place or whatever codes a new remote to your alarm (piece of cake with most alarms on the market here) you would never really know.

An alarm is only as good as the installation on it... considering your car got stolen I'm willing to bet:

-The siren was on the drivers side strut tower

-The brain was right beside the steering column

-Any additional relays/cuts were in a big bundle of loom tape right beside the brain.

Even if your alarm has 5-star features it's not worth a shiny penny when it's installed by someone cutting corners. It's a major gear-grind for me about that industry in general.

Two remotes but inly cary one with my keys

Yeah thats exactly what happend the the brain has all been cut, a while ago my car got broken into but they got spooked off they took the alarm siren and thats it, but took it back to abtec amd they put it under the strut brace and put two bonnet pins in..

how do I go about starting the car? All the lights are going but think the imobilser needs to be deactivated or something ... not sure?