Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Recommended electronic boost controllers for a v7 wrx sti?

hunter951

Hi all

What type of electronic boost controller would people recommend? are they worth the money? I was looking at getting a Greddy profec or Blitz type s off Nengun. The reason i wont one is to help with spool, and to get a more consistent boost levels, and most importantly safety!

http://www.nengun.com/greddy/profec-oled

or

http://www.nengun.com/blitz/sbc-type-s-new

Cheers

Timmah said:
Your ECU can control boost better with a retune.

PM Gotasuby, he can retune your ECU for the same price as an EBC.

http://clubsub.org.nz/forum/member.php?185-gotasuby

Im currently open source tuned at 20psi.... but sometimes i only hit 15 underload and other times 20.... then obviously it drops off at redline. Just after some consistencesy so i hit my target PSI that im tuned for?

hunter951 said:
Im currently open source tuned at 20psi.... but sometimes i only hit 15 underload and other times 20.... then obviously it drops off at redline. Just after some consistencesy so i hit my target PSI that im tuned for?

Tuning yourself or someone local? I'd still give Gotasuby a PM anyways. He could hook his laptop up and see what's going on.

And I also second Kwi_fozze on a GFB controller. Only $390 new and are just as good as the two you listed.

• Admin
 kris_pran said:
Ive never seen these mac valves, are they even plug n play? Op is sorting out an opensource tune so tuning side of things is sorted from what i can see.

If you have a Grimmspeed you've seen one, it's a MAC valve with the sticker pulled off and a Grimmspeed one stuck on it.

MAC:

bcs.jpg

Grimmspeed:

$_35.JPG

Grimmspeed one comes with the factory plug on the end.

Not sure what GorGasmSpecB is talking about, EBC with no continuous bleed will always be better if it's not setup by a retard.

If your not hunting huge power, Get a hallman pro MBC or even a GFB one and spend the rest of the money towards a tune. I had a MBC on my previous V7 along with a road tune. Even in cold whether it would hit 20psi at 3.4k with no spiking in any gear till about 6.5k then drop to about 18psi to redline. The drop was cause the vf30 ran out of puff though.

whatshouldiget? said:
If your not hunting huge power, Get a hallman pro MBC or even a GFB one and spend the rest of the money towards a tune. I had a MBC on my previous V7 along with a road tune. Even in cold whether it would hit 20psi at 3.4k with no spiking in any gear till about 6.5k then drop to about 18psi to redline. The drop was cause the vf30 ran out of puff though.

A tune with Gotasuby won't be much more than a brand new GFB EBC.,.. But I don;t think this is what OP is wanting to hear.

kwi_fozze said:
Thats a crappy road tune imho...

Mine had vf30, 5psi at 2500 full boost (22.9) at 3200 and held it to redline, held rock solid with gfb controller, but mine had some really agressive avcs timing

Those stats were from the top of my head. not sure if accurate or not lol. It was early last year. I do remember it tapering down towards redline though. Pretty sure we got tuned by the same person (spoon). but maybe not....

Timmah said:
Tuning yourself or someone local? I'd still give Gotasuby a PM anyways. He could hook his laptop up and see what's going on.

And I also second Kwi_fozze on a GFB controller. Only $390 new and are just as good as the two you listed.

i think he might have tuned for me? From kaiapoi chch right? Might have to get him to double check the tune.... but i think ill procceed with the GFB!!!

kwi_fozze said:
Thats a crappy road tune imho...

Mine had vf30, 5psi at 2500 full boost (22.9) at 3200 and held it to redline, held rock solid with gfb controller, but mine had some really agressive avcs timing

Thats exactly how i wont mine to run!!! any other mods to get it there?

mine had silicone under manifold pipe, silicone airbox to undermanifold pipe, snorkelectomy (cut off the bottom of the resonator and resealed the guard pipe) fuel pump, 7 heat range plugs, 3 inch divorced turbo back and a lot of time spent tuning. i had my initial tune set up, then with logging i made another 43 major revisions and several hundred minor touch ups. was good for high 11 second quarters :)

• Like 1

kwi_fozze said:
mine had silicone under manifold pipe, silicone airbox to undermanifold pipe, snorkelectomy (cut off the bottom of the resonator and resealed the guard pipe) fuel pump, 7 heat range plugs, 3 inch divorced turbo back and a lot of time spent tuning. i had my initial tune set up, then with logging i made another 43 major revisions and several hundred minor touch ups. was good for high 11 second quarters :)

Awesome, might look into getting some of those intake pipes...! whats this snorkelectomy thing you speak of.... is it the thing behind the front right inner gaurd?