Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

V3/4 STI Loom Swap into GTB LTD - Yay or Nay

tydon

So surprsingly todayi bought a 6s ecu for the 98 gtb Ltd and it turned up with a complete loom no plugs missing or anyrthing (theres a turbo timer also attached to it lol)

I Didnt know what to think was gunna chuck it up for sale then it crossed my mind mayb i should put it in the GTB?!?!?

Now i know its just easier to swap the current wires in the GTB done that a boat load of times but if i were to change the loom i could install a carbon fibre STI dash cluster much easier without having to hack and cut anything. and run a mechanical speedo cable.

Not sure what other benefits there are i know theres a litttle sensor that goes into a part of the air intake at front of car by afm.

How hard would this full conversion be to do?

are there any other benefits?

Will i run into problems with door wiring etc

That was my first thought I really like Reubenh dash cluster he put a v3/4 sti one in his bg looks fantastic. Gunna go see Keith at Subaru wreckers he's done a few loom swaps and done onr personally for his bd5b. I'm sure he'll know what's up

if its just the dash cluster you want changed, i reckon it'd be a lot less work to convert the plugs at the dash than swap a whole loom from a different chassis to your wagon

consider the time to remove all the interior, everything including the whole dash and roof lining

Edited by kamineko

yeah just had a good talk with keith down at wreckers and he showed me howmuch of an effort is required lol so yeah no longer going to attempt this to much work and theres alot of differnt chassis plugs door panel loom headlights etc

It's not a huge job to just swap the necessary plugs for the dash if you want to swap that. I've got a modified white face my98/99 dash with electronic speedo in my bc5.

Failed to get the clock working though. Everything else works as it should.