Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Probably not so quick turbo question - V7/8 STi

Comp covers are a steve custom but will need a td05 chra and turbine prob just buy one complete and send it to him. Td06 turbines are better but impossible to find except for kinugawa. Best give him a ring yourself just tell him i sent you and you want a turbo like mine but stock location so will need to suit your intake.

A_Tiny_Chipmunk said:
Hey guys,

Looking at doing a Turbo upgrade on the Version 7/8.

Got my eye on the a GT3071R direct bolt on replacement, but before I fork out over 2k on a turbo, what are the alternatives?

trying to do the build on the cheaper side of things so if I don't have to twist the turbo all the better.

thanks!

Any particular brand you have your eye on? ATP or Blouch etc

• Admin

I had a f*cking mare trying to get my "bolt on" GT3071R to fit and in the end said bugger this and went twisted.

It is a LOT of additional work though, if you can get it to work using a reputable bolt on (ATP, Blouch, ScoobyClinic) then more power to you.

boon said:
I had a f*cking mare trying to get my "bolt on" GT3071R to fit and in the end said bugger this and went twisted.

It is a LOT of additional work though, if you can get it to work using a reputable bolt on (ATP, Blouch, ScoobyClinic) then more power to you.

3in inlet iirc?

• Admin

Yes, not much point running a nice big turbo if you're going to choke it out with a 2.25" inlet or whatever the standard one is.

Having tried the nice cast aluminium option, I would probably say screw that, get the Perrin or AVO silicon under-manifold pipe with the 3" outlet.

Ive got the 3inch agency power hard under manifold inlet on mine, its an overkill on a STOCK LOCATION(subaru housing) 3071 because they really arent the real deal GT3071 (big comp housing)

avcs is a MUST on these turbos because they are laggy as **** hahaha

Hmm as far as i know

ATP offers the stock location GT3071r, i havent seen one up close but it looks to be the real big ones with the subaru flange. I dont even wanna think about the pita it would cause to get one of those bad boys to fit in the stock location. They arent alot of reviews about them either and whenever they do pop up the results are mehh in comparsion to blouch.

Blouch offers by far the best stock location turbos. There 1.5xtr basically a 3071 is perfect for the EJ207, 300kw might be a stretch for it on 98 pump but it'll get very close to that figure.

Scoobyclinic is overpriced and blouch basically manufactures and assembles there units.

I would seriously look at a Murch turbo. I was in the same boat as you a couple of months back and was pretty close to snapping a Dom 1.5 from Blouch. After talking with Murch I settled on a TD05/06 with 22g wheel + a few extra little tweaks and best of all expect to be able to get a couple of tunes for the money saved!!

Just my 2 cents.

banky said:
I would seriously look at a Murch turbo. I was in the same boat as you a couple of months back and was pretty close to snapping a Dom 1.5 from Blouch. After talking with Murch I settled on a TD05/06 with 22g wheel + a few extra little tweaks and best of all expect to be able to get a couple of tunes for the money saved!!

Just my 2 cents.

Good man. He still putting it together?

• 1 month later...

I still havent seen any results for GT28RS other than people saying stm think theyre awesome and not just you logan. Theyre small turbos I struggle to see how they put down those numbers when td05 20g don't make that power everytime.

I still think 2k- is far too much to pay for a turbo when -1k will get you a murchie.

It's weird - that turbo on an sr20 is like the normal "quick bolt on" type turbo good for sorta 240kw@wheel power but that's it - it seems weird it's meant to be such an upgrade over the already relatively capable late VF turbos

Must be something more to it - is the one in the "kit" the same old disco spud which has been around for ages?

Well wheel sizes on the GT28RS/bolton sub one is small I dont see the benefit running one over a TD05 16g when its $1800 more to buy.

evowrx said:
I want to see some of these 260wkw GT28RS results the wheel sizes are smaller than TD05 16g. Providing these are the wheels sizes in q.

GT28RS - Comp 47.244/60.198 Turbine 53.848/46.99

TD05 16G - Comp 48.3/68 Turbine 55.8/49.1