Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Idle and Vacuum Issue

GC82GO

Hi all, after putting my Forged V3 STi Motor into my V3 STi Type RA, I've been getting some weird Idle and Vacuum issues that I wasn't getting when it as in my V3 WRX, But in saying that, when it was in my V3 WRX, I had blanked off the ICV and was running a VF22 Turbo, Upon putting it into my STI RA I also hooked up the PCV back to the intake, anyways sometimes when I start my car the Boost gauge will sit on -10 when it would usually sit on -20... even after driving it will sit at -10 when idling, but most times when I do a hard pull, it will bring it back down to -20,.... its very erratic, there is no pattern to it doing it. Also my idle is blipping up and down between 1000 - 700 rpm.. takes a good 30 seconds or so till the revs settle at around 800 rpm.. does this sound like ICV to you guys?

Also quite possibly I have a blown seal in my turbo, as when I take the Intercooler off there is quite a bit of Oil in it.. and then randomly sometimes when I start my car it will puff out some smoke for a split second then no more smoke. No smoke under boost.. No oil coming out of the breathers on the heads.. no smoke coming out of the oil cap when its off and running. Anyone in TGA wanna have a look at my car lol

Ok so I just finished pulling apart and putting back together the intake system on my car. I wanted to Diagnose where the oil is coming before I go to clean the ICV. I already know the IC has oil in it, but no oil is coming out of my breathers on the heads so it doesn't get that far.. Starting by looking at the intake, I removed the Airbox and intake pipe, with no oil in that, I then removed the hose clamp from the turbo to the intake pipe under the manifold, oil dripped out, I noticed the oil came into the intake from the PCV return that goes from the crankcase vent into the intake... I proceeded to remove the hose connecting from the Crankcase vent to the PCV on the Manifold, oil came out of there also... Im not sure what this means??

Its fresh but old... its done 7,xxx kms since being rebuilt, in 2008 when it got forged. I had a V2 WRX RA back in the day that I had this in, then I crashed it.. and got my black V3 WRX which I put it in, But never really drove it because it was deregistered, but it ran fine in that car, fine enough to snap 7 axels and blow 1 diff in RWD... and finally now I have it in my V3 STi RA which ive done most about half kms since rebuild in... It did sit around in a garage for about 3 years...then sat in my black WRX for a year or so..

Update, deleted the pcv, idle is now better, vacume is normal now, I think I had suspected failed pcv, was stuck open.. Reading on another forum exact same symptoms.. Will compression test this weeknd. Car seems to be running a lot better with the pcv deleted.. No smoke on startup now either..