Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Aux/bluetooth integration kits.

Andy_Mac

• Admin

Looking at getting one of the anycar audio integration boxes. The ipod input doesn't support lightning apple stuff so wondering if the usb port with a lighnting iphone attached would allow skipping songs and pausing and all that.

Also is the quality for bluetooth music streaming good or not worth the extra cost for that model?

Hoping a couple of you out there have had a crack at using these at some point (;

Had a chat with mad sounds about what they do and they had an axxess kit

http://axxessinterfaces.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=7

Not such a fan since it has no control possibility for changing songs and the likes.

I've found bluetooth streaming is normally still pretty high quality, well good enough that I don't notice any difference between that and a direct plugin so long as the source file itself is decent

I haven't used the anycar kits, my experience has only been aftermarket head units with BT built in -or- newer cars with bluetooth aux built in to stock h/unit. Works for me since my home theater is the same, all our music is just a shared spotify account for the household so doesn't matter what device hooks up to anything, just got different playlists for all

Sorry that's not really helpful advice is it

I say dont bother if it can't change songs anyway, that's a bit useless and you don't want to be doing it via the phone itself either.

• Admin

The old car had a bluetooth headunit and that was awesome, perfect sound, but want to stay with the stock headunit in this one for the next year or so until i can afdord a full system swap. Thinking big $$$ this time around since i'll hopefully be keeping the car till it dies.

I had the anycar ipod plugin for my old BP wagon, worked okay. I found some of my music was overdriven but turning soundcheck on fixed that, sound quality was good apart from that.

Its worth noting that the track display on the headunit is not related to what your playing on your device, it just sorta makes it up.

• Admin

You mean just the one subaru does that plugs into the back of the headunit?

Talked to the local subaru dealer to try get one who had no idea what i was on about so they got some other subaru nz guy who "apparently" knows all about this stuff to look into it. He came back saying the first year of the facelift mcintosh units didn't have the option for it as for some reason it didn't work with the headunits, which was fixed for the 2007 onwards units. Could be a load of crap but don't really want to go buy one and find they were actually talking the truth.

Andy_Mac said:
You mean just the one subaru does that plugs into the back of the headunit?

Talked to the local subaru dealer to try get one who had no idea what i was on about so they got some other subaru nz guy who "apparently" knows all about this stuff to look into it. He came back saying the first year of the facelift mcintosh units didn't have the option for it as for some reason it didn't work with the headunits, which was fixed for the 2007 onwards units. Could be a load of crap but don't really want to go buy one and find they were actually talking the truth.

This one, but yeah the auction description says "Some 2007 On Subaru McIntosh Radios ". Mine had a Kenwood with that harness installed already, think it was done when a radio band expender was put in.