Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Mbc

Zach

When installing manual boost controller do I have the complete remove the electric one? theres a few electrical plugs on it and the moment I remove the vac hoses or the plugs I get cel and the car wont boost above 7psi even with the mbc hooked up, I dont think it's limp mode It feels like the afr is mucking up. Car is version 2 wrx, stock ecu.

cel 45 - pressure actuator (ebc)

cel 32 o2 sensor.

Edited by Zach

Yeah it is

Yeah you do (well, you take the factory stuff out of the loop but yeah)

Nah they're fine when used properly but dangerous when fiddled with by a rookie

I'm really trying to think of some kind of innuendo filled analogy there but it's just out of reach

It's not a boost tap. Its a standalone mbc, has boost in line, which I connected to turbo vacuum nipple, a boost out line, which I ran to my waste-gate. set it to 13psi.

My ebc was playing up before hand hence why I'm trying a manual one. The ebc would work then randomly throw a cel and boost cap at 5psi according to my boost gauge but it felt like an easy 10 lbs. No Vac leaks anywhere and would sit at 40 during idle. New ebc coming along until then was trying this thing out incase it works out better.

also I had all excess vac hoses plugged.

Edited by Zach

An MBC is a boost tap, you turn a knob like a tap which controls boost therefore boost tap, it's just like calling a PWC a jetski

The EBC you had was this the factory solenoid you mean? Or a standalone one

The fault code for 02 sensor is a seperate issue and is worth sorting, it fcks subarus up a bit

The one for boost solenoid - does it have the factory solenoid plugged in still? If you do and it is giving fault codes then just maybe that explains why the boost is all on the piss

I'm a bit confused here actually - if you have the factory solenoid in play, then that can drop boost back if you have a fault code. When you say EBC I read that as an aftermarket controller but what you're saying sounds like the factory thingy by the airbox

If it is a standalone electronic controller then it will have nothing to do with the cars computer or any check engine lights, you can make it run whatever boost you want and it has no say in the matter

As for why the MBC you have isn't working it's either hooked up wrong, or there is a boost leak somewhere - there is literally nothing more to it in that regard

cheers for that reply Mark. The stock ebc still plugged up electronically but has no hoses attached to it.

The ebc is hooked up by 1 vacuum hose then via the exit nipple it is hosed upto the wastegate actuator.

Afm is new and the 02 sensor is near new aswell. I was curious as to if the stock ebc could be somehow messing it all up bu telling the ecu irreverent info as it has no hoses on it but I dont know the first thing about electrical side of things so was only a guess. My reasoning behind this is my o2 senor has 3 wires, 2 of those wires appear to be hooked up right below the ebc. Ill upload a photo but It could just be 2 wires of the same colors or something.

It's not too big of a deal as he new ebc wont be far off and I should have a g4 by next month.

• General Member

then is it worth mucking about with if an EBC is on the way? just curious now, my Apexi AVC-r shat itself and now gotta uninstall it/or find new controller (screen died have to operate it by Braille)

Couldn't hurt to try the mbc out, out boredom for the most part, car only gets driven once or twice a week when my bro needs it anyways.

Pic: a>

Stock ebc all hooked up. Theres 2 electrical plug in's.[/url]

Edited by Joker

7 psi sounds like limp mode or waste gate pressure? Come see how mines hooked up man it's the same engine setup as yours.

Some std setup pics for your reference

SubaruBoostSystem_1_zps7bf9c2ca.jpg

BoostControlSolenoidPlumbing_zps1ed80eda

And here is how a PDF download on how to setup a boost tap from GFB

https://www.gfb.com.au/tech/installation?download=13:3001-Installation-Instructions

Edited by slystiguy

Thanks bro ill hit you up if the new one yields the same hassles, least that way I know it's not hooked up wrong/somthing shaken loose. wasent wg pressure cuz it did the same thing even with the wastegate actuator hose pulled off! lol

The top blue hose runs to the manifold. I do have a T in with that I run my boost gauge off.

The ebc was free, just gave it a go cuz I had a reason too. Will be running AM ebc once I get a g4 among other things and can afford a tune. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TURBO-HDI-SUPPER-ELECTRONIC-BOOST-CONTROLLER-HDI-SBC-D-SE-2014-0705-/380899992616?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58af68a428&vxp=mtr

This one is cheap and looks cool, which are the only too things that matter when modding a car xD

Zach said:
The top blue hose runs to the manifold. I do have a T in with that I run my boost gauge off.

The ebc was free, just gave it a go cuz I had a reason too. Will be running AM ebc once I get a g4 among other things and can afford a tune. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TURBO-HDI-SUPPER-ELECTRONIC-BOOST-CONTROLLER-HDI-SBC-D-SE-2014-0705-/380899992616?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58af68a428&vxp=mtr

This one is cheap and looks cool, which are the only too things that matter when modding a car xD

Thats what im saying the onboard g4 boost control is awesome you dont need a seperate ebc.

Rosssub said:
Sweet. Is that using the MBC or the OEM boost solenoid?

oem. It's really got me thinking though. It feels like a whole nother monster and Im trying to workout out why spraying carby/brake cleaner through it and/or the new 3mm non T split vacuum hose can make such a diffrence. I had to reset the ecu too but I doubt that did much. I just had to give it a good thrashing and just wow its dumbfounded me.