Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

offset clearing brembos?

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this buuuut

Im wondering if 17x8 with +38 offset will fit on a gc8 with brembos? They are volk te37s,

does any body know if the offset will clear brembos

Any help appreciated :P

jkwrx555 said:
Ohh bugger thanks for the replies

the seller said hes had them on his v7 with brembos

Maybe they are grids or maybe he got the offset wrong but if they fit the v7 they should fit yours post the link

Edited by johnny5

As I said earlier, I used to have a set of +38 TE37s and they DO clear Brembos.

Aaaaaaand, here is pic of my mates car with another set of +38 TE37s (17x8) also clearing Brembos, with no spacers:

EddieSpecC_zps97fb445c.jpg

So *maybe* that website that someone else posted hasnt quite got their facts right?

Well that solves it then, They will fit and the site i posted is wrong about the fitment because tony said so.

Strange that i can't see ..forged mono block/rays eng etc stamped on the inner part of the dish of the wheels on trademe,also can't see them on the wheels on Tonys or eddies mate s car as well.

te37_zpsdc3b27f3.jpg

Also the rota rep te37 don't have centre caps and neither does the car a certain someone posted a pic of.

Aaannnnnd.. heres a pic of my old black car .. similar distance to the car above given the lighting conditions and although these wheels are ce28n comps.. you can still tell there is writing on the inner part.. ''A genuine sig of rays eng wheels''

001_zpsd1bd97f7.jpg

Edited by hijacka

hijacka, sorry if I seem to have offended you man. Just trying to help the guy that originally posted, as if those wheels on Trademe are genuine, and +38 they will clear his brakes. I am only basing it on the fact that I owned a set of TE37s in that same spec and they cleared.

Eddie's wheels in the pic I posted are also genuine (yeah I know, sh*t pic to illustrate the point but hey, didnt have any other ones of his car).

Not all of the TE37s have those stampings on the inner lip either - none of my ones do:

Rays1_zpsf35ccadf.jpg

Rays2_zpscd7b9ab5.jpg

Rays3_zpsee19d18f.jpg

Maybe it has something to do with the age of them, and the older ones dont have these stampings (see the date on the sticker - 2004)? At a guess I would say that maybe Rays started to add these stampings from a certain date due to the large amount of knock offs that started popping up?

Anyways, the op can make up his own mind from the info we have provided and take from it what he wants :)

Hey Thanks for clearing that up, i've never owned a set of te37s but

I always thought that it was 17" and up had the markings on the inner lip but never gave it much thought just going by what i've seen, i knew those rays marks had to be somewhere though lol, thanks for the pics! hopefully the op has a better understanding now, btw aren't those te37s +44?

Wouldn't mind seeing how close the +38s get to the calipers

Sweet as. Yeah my ones (in the pics) are +44. I sold the +38s to BT as he was after some light wheels for his GDB, and they suited his car better. The +38s on my car (GC) had the rear tyre getting a bit too close to the guard so that's why I stuck with the +44s as they had a bit more clearance.

I can try get a pic of the +38 caliper clearance for you if you like? If Eddie has the car at the workshop I will get him to send a pic through to me... I'll let you know.

That would be great if you can post up a pic when you have a chance,

would be good for future reference, i've always like the te37s, yeah its a pain in the arse with rubbing on gf/gc i have similar problem with the 255 semi slicks rubbing on both front and rear on the gf8, might have to down size the tire this time around i think

DSCF2847.jpg

DSCF2849.jpg

DSCF2846.jpg

Mine also have no stampings on the outer rim as they are an older model thats why I asked him to get the pic behind the hub centric to confirm they are as this was the only way to tell back then.

The Rays website says the +38 will not fit which is where evryone is getting there info which is what I also believed but it also no longer lists the +44 fitment at all as they discontinued production in that size

Good to know they do i guess

The centre caps pictured on my wheels are the only centre caps that will fit the 17 inch 5x100pcd also

Edited by johnny5