Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Lots of Legacy BP5's on the road, many on here?

killervq30de

06BP5 5 speed manual. new Sachs clutch,upgraded rear sway bar, 18inch light weight wheels. 11500km under my ownership. Two track days more planned when I get new brakes. I find SI drive useless should always have a sharp pedal and just learn to modulate. bottom line cant complain its a work hack, cart kids, shopping runs and on a track it will run behind a standard STI no problem.

BP5Nut said:
Apparently these seats were an option on the Gen 4's:

Seat_zpsb5ac7e5e.jpg

I brought this boot liner the other day and the guy selling it had a Legacy STI Wagon and I think it had these seats, only thought about it when I left. It seem to be a geninue sti version. Had the seats, sti branded wheels, strut brace, brembo brakes, sti suspension(which he said was very firm - my GTB is firm enough), something about a sport 6-speed but might just be the standard legacy one)

20140728_110838_resized.jpg

sobanoodle said:
It's for that plastic bit only, no climate control unit included ($300 extra for that), no brackets, nothing, do you still thinks it's cheap? :D

There's a complete black unit going from one dollar reserve, I need dual climate control unit though and that one is not.

I have a spare in my garage, double din gap, hazard switch, climate controls and bracket. Is anyone keen?

Edit: can't remember if I've posted in this thread before. I have an '03 BP5 GTB manual, stock apart from Genome mufflers. Had it since May 2013, now at 236kms, such a damn practical car.

Edited by BD5_RS

• Admin

Were they optioned in the car from new?

Drove the 3rd gen for the first time in a few weeks. Seats are without a doubt a way different league. Also had forgotten how lively it is off boost compared to the new one. Higher compression engine i guess?..

Edited by Andy_Mac

Andy_Mac said:
Anyone else on here with an import and shockingly bad radio reception? Not sure if its just due to a crap expander the dealer put in or whether the reception on these cars is pretty weak

+1 my BP5 has the worst reception. Just bought an anycar unit with bluetooth connectivity, aux and stuff off trademe. Best investment ever.

Japan didn't make obd2 standard until later on, it'll definitely have an obd2 port but it may not support many obd2 commands.

Don't be suprised if those bluetooth adapters don't do anything because of this, but a wired cable with the FTDI chipset should let you run the freessm/leearningview/romraider apps to get some info.

• 4 weeks later...