Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Lots of Legacy BP5's on the road, many on here?

killervq30de

sobanoodle said:
You get a beep and a message (press I for more Japanese details :D) when the car is on and one of the doors is open, or when you're deriving and not wearing a seatbelt. Don't think those are problem related messages, just some Info stuff.

Installed cruise control yesterday, works perfectly (just no appropriate lights on the dash, everything is straightforward anyway).

Do you have a link to howto with what parts you'd need to order? Weird about the lights as I believe they are LEDs not bulbs so you'd think it would be less work/cost to just build one version of the cluster

After doing some research my understanding is that the cc and non-cc clusters are completely different.

You can get the buttons from here (thanks to jonossiksilvia for a tip off, got in touch with the seller and he listed a few more), http://www.ebay.com/itm/Subaru-B3-Impreza-Cruise-Control-Steering-Wheel-Switch-Genuine-/231273587894, ships from Israel, took slightly over a week to get to Auckland.

Brake switch from partsouq https://partsouq.com/en/search/search?q=83370AA001, please let me know if you decide to order from them (I need a small cheap part :rolleyes:)

Installation is very easy, less than an hour.

sobanoodle said:
After doing some research my understanding is that the cc and non-cc clusters are completely different.

You can get the buttons from here (thanks to jonossiksilvia for a tip off, got in touch with the seller and he listed a few more), http://www.ebay.com/itm/Subaru-B3-Impreza-Cruise-Control-Steering-Wheel-Switch-Genuine-/231273587894, ships from Israel, took slightly over a week to get to Auckland.

Brake switch from partsouq https://partsouq.com/en/search/search?q=83370AA001, please let me know if you decide to order from them (I need a small cheap part :rolleyes:)

Installation is very easy, less than an hour.

I'm abit wary of ripping into the car now but I might just buy them for when I have had it a while and feel more adventourious, better to pick it up now and sell it on later if I don't use it. I'll let you know when I order, i'm after a few other bits first.

• Admin

Does anyone else find the front seats are a complete joke. They have no support what so ever. Zero leg support and not much body support either. I loved the support in the 3rd gens but these are just painfull!! You roll all over the place with any spirited driving! How was it possibly an upgrade!

If they're a match for electrics and seat warmers i'm seriously considering trying to find a pair of pre facelift seats to replace with.

...well thats my rant for the day done...

Well they ain't no Recaro's that's for sure. But I don't find them a problem for the family car duties which is all my GT is used for, nor for the odd spirited blast when it's just me in the car. Mine has full electric adjustment so there's plenty of adjustment you can do. I did find the pre-facelift seats had better thigh support. But nothing, not even Subaru's best WRX seats (non-Recaro) I've ever sat in for any length of time has come close to a set of Recaros.

Andy_Mac said:
If they're a match for electrics and seat warmers i'm seriously considering trying to find a pair of pre facelift seats to replace with.

...well thats my rant for the day done...

Do your seats have airbags? I don't know if they all do but my pre-facelift seats have no airbags.

Facelift seats are poor basically flat benches, pre-facelift are like the older BE/BH with a bit of side bolstering. Not super comfortable anyway - WRX and recaros are much better :)

In saying that my main gripe with the whole range is no reach adjust. Seriously - how hard is that to include.

Edited by GorGasmSpecB

GorGasmSpecB said:

I meant steering reach adjust. I can move the seat to where it suits my legs best or arms best but never both. My arm / leg length ratio is obviously not the same as the target market.

how tall are you? I have same problem

Question - Push button start.

Is there away to go from Car Running back to just Accessory mode (for radio)? It seems like you have to presss once to Turn car off and then again for Accessories

And if you are in Accessories mode, if you push button to turn radio off then the dash lights up and you have to push again to turn car off. I tried holding down the button while in accessories mode to turn it straight off but no you have to go to on mode (dash lights) and then off again.

KiwiJoe said:

It's for that plastic bit only, no climate control unit included ($300 extra for that), no brackets, nothing, do you still thinks it's cheap? :D

There's a complete black unit going from one dollar reserve, I need dual climate control unit though and that one is not.