Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

(help) Drift spec subi

codyjesen

DacerX said:

Buy a nissan, and leave the subaru be. I know it sounds dicky but in all honesty its the best move

+10

He speaks the truth

Yeah subaru done like being converted, nissans are made to go sideways out of the factory for good reason. And they are easier to get power out of and alot more aftermarket suspension adjustable parts. If you are doing this to a first gen legacy then i will cry myself to sleep

I see why you want to do it cause i\'ve been there lol

You can build a rwd subaru cheaper than buying a nissan and end of the day it\'s faster for less money.

They handle just like a rwd does, i never had issues with the diff or cv\'s personally but know of people that have a lot of trouble.

Appears the diff bushes get loose and the slop in the diff is hard on them. Replacement of the bushes or just bracing the diff to the subframe would be a good way to prolong the life of them.

Also your driving style will be what helps it too. Go faster so you don\'t need to clutch kick so often since you\'ll be carrying the speed

I know alot of subaru lovers will hate me for saying this but buy a crashed rwd nissan gtst 240sx 200sx take ur pick and stick it in ur legacy ive seen it done in the uk with a 98 impreza wrx and the thing what a drift animal, but thats just my idea.

kwi_fozze said:

I really want to turn a dirty old bc leggy into a drift hack...

I know of one locally that will be for sale soon ready ish to be a drifter.

South island though so doesn\'t suit you.

Yea ive heard a few people have had troubles with cv\'s popping out. Sounds like a good idea to brace it up. I\'m planning to put the car into pro-ams in a couple of season. I just wanna do a subi cause its never been properly done

Roo said:

I see why you want to do it cause i\'ve been there lol

You can build a rwd subaru cheaper than buying a nissan and end of the day it\'s faster for less money.

They handle just like a rwd does, i never had issues with the diff or cv\'s personally but know of people that have a lot of trouble.

Appears the diff bushes get loose and the slop in the diff is hard on them. Replacement of the bushes or just bracing the diff to the subframe would be a good way to prolong the life of them.

Also your driving style will be what helps it too. Go faster so you don\'t need to clutch kick so often since you\'ll be carrying the speed

Just rwd on it\'s own is fine and "setup" is just down to the alignment you give it

You may or may not go through CV\'s and diffs, see how you go

If you do then the R200 rear has been done enough it\'s kind of documented online, I even think there\'s an aussie company doing it as a kit/conversion?

Your driving style will determine how long it all lasts, if you\'re all limiter clutch kicks then its a lot of shock loading, if you are a bit more gentle it could be fine for a long time (same for how much grip it has etc)

Plenty enough people have used them overseas, there is or was a couple of B4 libertys and WRX\'s in the aussie ranks

End of the day it has a diff in the back and the engine points the right way so why not use it

Then put an LS1 in it

Lol everybody always says 9" as an automatic reaction, never understood why either?

codyjesen said:
I just wanna do a subi cause its never been properly done

Three words

Drift union legacy

• 3 months later...
 DacerX said:
Buy a nissan, and leave the subaru be. I know it sounds dicky but in all honesty its the best move

I have both, I really really! wanted to drift my V3, even put a FWD impreza steering rack in!...but yea, the Subaru is a awesome drift hack but it snaps axels to easily, Ive gone to R180 but still yet to go drifting in it and try my luck. My R32 on the other hand, doesn't break... and they get easy drift power from minimal $$