Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Subaru Forester 1997 S/tb ej 20 turbo

answodns789

Hey guys i have suby forester ej20 manual turbo

but i have problem here when i go pass 3000rpm every gear i can feel car is not going feel like bad AFM.

I have checked code with black wire it came out 22 trouble code which is knock sensor but when i plugged in green ones it didnt came anything and check engine light doesnt even come out when i drive normally.

I have cleared trouble codes now. but even though car is not accelerating properly not smooth and feel like something blocks my acceleration.

Any suggestions? will it be knock sensor? and where does it located for my car? underneath throttle?

Thank you.

Connecting the Black plugs, then turning ignition on will display any current Codes. You had 22 - Knock Sensor

Connecting the Black and Green Plugs, then turning Ignition on goes into Diagnostic Mode. Black & Green, then Start Engine and drive for 5min above 11km the ECU will Reset. If any Codes/Faults still present the CEL will then flash the new code.

Giving that your CEL isn\'t currently on, the 22 Knock Sensor must have been an old Stored Code. Otherwise you would be in Limp/Knock mode/CEL on.

Connect Green and Black, then Start/Drive until CEL starts flashing. Then stop, (ignition still on) a constant Flash means no current faults. So then could be Afm

If you get CEL 22 again, replace your Knock Sensor.

answodns789 said:

If its knock sensor it will come out CEL code am i right?

Yes, you would have a CEL/Code 22. Light would come on with normal driving. I\'ve logged a 22 code before, never caused an issue at all, I figured it was just from a volt surge. Maybe the same for you.

Miss Firing is an ignition Fault. Plugs/Coil etc

Vac Leaks, can cause low/rough idle. Loss of power, lack of power etc.

How does it Idle?

it idles fine ae its not the misfiring i guess and i checked knock sensor today with voltmeter and it was fine it was good working order. I found out that it was vacumm leak but i dont know where it feels like in 2000rpm there is bit no boost after i accelerate in 3000rpm it boost really well.. i dont know its boost leak or not.... i have old blow off valve do u think its there..??? but why does not leaking after 3000rpm.... damn......

thank you for trying to helping me out! cheers

All good. A Vac Leak would cause Low/Rough idle. If Coil/Plugs ok, no Miss Firing.

Then probably AFM... Definitely try another one out at least, if not replace it.

Your BOV could be Leaking under low boost? Then closing as Boost rises (after 3000rpm). I take it it\'s an aftermarket BOV? Is it adjustable? OEM Vac hose to it?

answodns789 said:

Ibdont have any place to try it ae for the afm

Yea its aftermarket bov adjustable bolt

I even tried ti close the adjustable bolt and tried didnt worked ae....

Any place i can try afm??

Cool, can almost guarantee it\'s the AFM then, there\'s quite a few different second hand AFM\'s currently on Trademe.

Second Hand, only if you have to or for trial:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/subaru/electrics/auction-698051839.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/subaru/electrics/auction-696752182.htm

New, $170 delivered, genuine even better and not much more:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/subaru/electrics/auction-695909061.htm

answodns789 said:

I found out the problem...

it was at the Aftermarket cheap blow off valve... it was leaking...

Now i needed factory or new blow off valve...

Dont know where to buy Strong subaru?? in onehunga?

Nice, at least you know what it is. Was it hissing when you rev\'d it?

Afaik you can just block it off until you get a replacement?

http://www.subaruspeed.co.nz/collections/blow-off-valves-boost-taps