Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

v11 JDM down pipe

Hi All,

Ive just discovered that x-force dont do a down pipe for the JDM twin scroll v11 STI, they only do the EJ257 single scroll, which means I am stuck with just cat back from them, which is OK.

Can anyone recommend a good down pipe I can get to add to the system?

Also, are down pipes for earlier version STIs compatible or a the lengths, shape etc different?

preferably cat-less.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info guys.

I had been talking to the guys at Rage as I had one on my v10 and loved it, they said that they will no longer be developing any more exaust systems due to the state of the market, which I assume to take meaning that people having been buying enough, which is a pitty because they make quality systems. The one they make for the v9-10 is the last they will make.

so to remove the cat, would it just be cut out? Or are they bolt in?

Expecting to pay 3-500 for a good down pipe, so no surprises there thankfully.

So does anyone know if v9 or 10 downpipes are compatible or are they a total redesign?

lunchie said:

if you are still looking for one then email Mac at 41automotive

Can promise you they will have many options

Be prepared to spend 300+ if you want a decent jap made one tho

Also try Rage exhausts, they are NZ made and I am 99% sure they make one for the V11 JDM

http://www.fortyone.co.nz/

http://www.rage.co.nz/New%20Site/web-content/aboutus.html

Totally different pipe

We have done 3 different options on several 2l JDM GRB STI cars

1. Cut off the turbo flange of the Xforce exhaust (or any GRF 2.5l Sti aftermarket down pipe) and weld on a laser cut JDM V11 flange (in stock)

2. Use the stock down pipe, remove the cat by cutting it out and replacing pipe (factory JDM downpipe is bellmouthed)

3. Replace the complete down pipe with a JDM aftermarket down pipe, $800-1200 NZD by time you get a decent one, GST, import duty etc

Regards

Phil

Dynotech Industries

Thanks very much for the info!

philr8 said:

Totally different pipe

1. Cut off the turbo flange of the Xforce exhaust (or any GRF 2.5l Sti aftermarket down pipe) and weld on a laser cut JDM V11 flange (in stock)

2. Use the stock down pipe, remove the cat by cutting it out and replacing pipe (factory JDM downpipe is bellmouthed)

3. Replace the complete down pipe with a JDM aftermarket down pipe, $800-1200 NZD by time you get a decent one, GST, import duty etc

Regards

Phil

Dynotech Industries

philr8 said:

Totally different pipe

Regards

Phil

Dynotech Industries

the first option is what I would do if I didn\'t want to spend 800 odd bucks. The Xforce products are very high quality so if you could modifiy one of them then I think that would be a good option

Problem is that the X-force down pipe costs like $500, so with the labour, Im not really saving anything.

lunchie']

[quote name='philr8 said:

Totally different pipe

Regards

Phil

Dynotech Industries

/quote]

the first option is what I would do if I didn\'t want to spend 800 odd bucks. The Xforce products are very high quality so if you could modifiy one of them then I think that would be a good option

• 2 weeks later...

OK, Im actually going reasonably insane now.

I cant find a single manufacturer that makes a down pipe for the JDM GRB STI.

Kinugawa, Sard, Invidia and Tomei dont make one, and neither do HKS or Greddy as far as I can tell.

They only seem to make them for the USDM 2.5L single scroll, which I just dont get.

Theres nothing on FourtyOne, only for older JDMS and the 2.5L STI.

So Ive got the down pipe that came with my X-force kit, so I assume my only option is going to be to get a flange that fits the VF49 twin scroll, but have been really struggling to find any good exhaust shops.

Either no one responds to my emails or in one case, which was Woolf Mufflers, the guy sent me a really rude email just telling me to buy the right pipe, which I would love to do if I could find one!

Any one got any suggestions of who I could take to get this done? Needs to be in Auckland, or I suppose, someone who can guarantee to get it right without the car, I suppose I could post it.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Do bear in mind that if imported post 2010 you must retain the cats.

As stated, v11 is already bellmouth

Zerosports do one, you are limited to jdm performance shops only for the twinscroll numbers. Stock one is VERY capable for a factory item, 3 port boost solenoid and a retune has my grb spooling faster than my v7 with a 3 inch divorced pipe and ebc

kwi_fozze said:
Do bear in mind that if imported post 2010 you must retain the cats.

As stated, v11 is already bellmouth

Zerosports do one, you are limited to jdm performance shops only for the twinscroll numbers. Stock one is VERY capable for a factory item, 3 port boost solenoid and a retune has my grb spooling faster than my v7 with a 3 inch divorced pipe and ebc

Another GRB owner in the same predicament. Did you get tuned with the stock downpipe, and catted or de-catted ? Any other mods and what power did it pull? Im thinking of just going catback and tune - as you say the cats have to be retained really as registered post 2010.

i diy tuned it, merged with the s205 and s206 maps :) its a demon coming on boost lol, stock downpipe, greddy titanium catback. catted, but tempted to bash out the cat center. power is probably around 220-230 at the wheels, but havnt checked it. feels about the same as my v7, plus being 200kg heavier gives me hope LOL

there is a jdm downpipe available, company called miltec, f**king good quality work, but the catless pipe is going for a touch under $800, and will have to be retuned.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought Id mention in relation to this discussion, I went and bought the Xforce system today, just the cat back section on its own, and also the Miltek catless front pipe to suit the twinscroll JDM, from Redline today. They ended up both mating to each other perfect, so that was a win. The only thing is the price is a bit up there, was $1590 for both, but happy with the fitment, perfect right the way through, only issue is the rear o2 bung is further away. So just extended the wires to the sensor and otherwise no hassles. Also both parts came with all bolts and gaskets to complete install.

Pretty quiet too when driving normally too, barely audible at 100kmh cruising. One thing I noticed though, is the GRB's sound a bit different to the GDB models when on song. Sound a bit raspier like the twin scroll Leggys do with an exhaust. Anyone else with a V11 noticed this ? The headers look slightly different design to the GDB, similar to the Legacys so that and the dual AVCS heads must give it the different sound I guess.