Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

06 Legacy - Head Unit

allycat

• 4 months later...
 gotasuby said:
I can get them new for around 500.genuine

Are the avojdm ones not oem? Those landed are about $450 so $500 in NZ is not too bad considering you get it straight away and not lost in post

Does anyone have the part code or link to the cable that let's you use steering controls still? Legacygt.com has link to a site but there are too many options

I use a grom IPD3 ( I think that's the model?) Factory head unit, IPod (or usb or 3.5mm headphone jack, you choose can have up to two including a Bluetooth hands free kit) box plugs into the external cd changer, not to be confused with the in dash 6 cd changer, and my ipod is now a 32gb cd stacker and steering wheel controls and all that good stuff still works as its the factory head unit.

circa$ 170 from hyper? Could of been sourced cheaper over seas but wanted to see the plug in person to ensure itt was the right one (it was despite hyper telling me it wasnt but I know better :P) and I was impatient xD

Edited by Aurai

• 4 weeks later...

Finally found me a stereo surround $220 from TradeMe, already have the $8 pick-a-part pocket and the (temporary) $96 Pioneer MVH-X165UI (JB Hi-Fi) stereo... almost forgot the aerial adaptor (ED-SU10) $15 from Ed's Auto.

327250537.jpg

Edited by spark_38

• 2 weeks later...
 sobanoodle said:
How do you connect it? Thinking about getting one, also thinking about getting a Win CE powered box so I can run GPS on a head unit.

Yeah I was looking at something similar, too used to pressing the buttons on the steering wheel...now they do nothing.

The new 2014 Kenwood stereos offer a direct OEM steering remote connection on the double din units (two wires) - that's really convenient.

Imported and installed H6217AG911 2din kit

Installed a 2din JVC

Swapped speakers

Connected PAC SWI-RC unit to activate steering wheel control buttons (easy to install, comes with comprehensive instructions, so far been working great, $45 delivered)

Things I want to do next:

Reverse camera

WIN CE powered GPS box so I can run Sygic on the JVC

• 6 months later...

Hi Aurai,

Is the unit working fine since you've installed it? Any glitches or malfunctions you can think of?

I've ordered a USB3 unit because I'm planning a in car Android, reverse camera and all, to replace the original Panasonic SatNAV (which doesn't work in NZ)so this model has one more input I will need in the future.

Just thought on asking about the reliability of the GROM adaptor.

Cheers!