Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Scarles

So finally got round to pulling my knocky strut on the weekend so Id have time to have a look at it before ordering a new one (knowing it would be here on Tuesday morning if I ordered it Monday). Talked to someone there last week to make sure they had stock and explained it was a Gen 1 strut rear in a wrx GF8 etc. Allgood they said it was a d strut and $x. Anyways when I got it out Sunday I remembered it had been adapted to suit GC/GF as it was a V7 or similar top hat. Thought I had better mention this when ordering so he made sure all rears took the same insert - type D - and I also gave them the number off the clevis mount along telling them again it was a gen 1 strut. Gen 1 and 2 were the same I was told both phone calls so dandy credit card and on the way Im smiling.

Turns up this morning sometime prompt service always good and I whipped it out to have a look. Shaft was shiny bottom black and ribbed relatively like the one I had on my bench at home but sneaking suspicion something was amiss. Anyways get home tonight 6ish and double check it. Strut shaft is shorter by just over 5mm and the base is a fair chunk longer. Gears ground cant stand wrong parts esp when I was so fuckin specific. Anyway stripped my strut out of the car and thought Id try the adjuster rings, wouldnt have guessed it but theyre just over 1mm smaller in diameter than the insert I was sent.

Noice now I have no car and Ive got shit I was going to pick up in aucks tomorrow night fuckin made my day.

Trying to decide between finding some rear adjusties and kicking these to the kerb or getting the correct one sent up.

Yea get them to send you the right one. Can\'t say I\'m surprised from scarles though. Literally is my last and final death choice to go to. If you want parts picked up let me know :)

Idk if Ill bother getting the right one might just get a moneyback job then upgrade. I found them mint just that 1 was knocking already when I got them rode mint tho. Cheap as far as platform adjusties go and did what I wanted them to do which was make teks look right and stiffen car up noticeably.

Not after car parts lol single bed for chidlum little bit more of a hassle.

evowrx said:

Idk if Ill bother getting the right one might just get a moneyback job then upgrade. I found them mint just that 1 was knocking already when I got them rode mint tho. Cheap as far as platform adjusties go and did what I wanted them to do which was make teks look right and stiffen car up noticeably.

Not after car parts lol single bed for chidlum little bit more of a hassle.

Alg that\'s what the work utes for

have to say I have found scarles to be awesome, money back no problem or exchange no questions asked. Still this was in person. Always annoying when you get the wrong part could be worse could be from the US.

• 2 months later...

Hi evowrx, my name is Andrew from Scarles, i am the manager here. I am sorry about the experience you have received in this instant. Unfortuneately we have recently found out that our replacement inserts fit "some" generation one struts from ksport and d2 but not all. The information we had told us that our struts would fit your vehicle. Obivously they didnt and since then we have a better procedure in place to identify if our struts will fix, at the same time we now have an option to get "custom" struts made to fit the older inserts like your ones.

Again we are sorry for this issue and I would like to personally invite you to personal message me and I will provide you with a refund on the freight and also a 25% discount on anything from Scarles products and 10% discount on any "branded" products we sell.

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Andrew

That took longer than expected.

I spoke to 2 different people on seperate days once pricing the other ordering. I made it clear I didnt think gen 1 strut inserts were available and they just said this will definitely be the right strut. Then after s*** hit the fan I rung up and said dude wtf its completely different he said "oh is your strut gen 1 or 2?" I said "gen 1" and he said "oh we dont do any gen 1 inserts anymore" not "oh some of them fit we thought we would try". They were 100% it was correct even tho I told both of them it was gen 1 to start with.

The main bother off was I had to cancel the cert I had booked 60km away, cancel the wof to go with it, had s*** in auck to pickup and I had to wait a few days for the refund so couldnt organise anything in the meantime. Tbh I dont care about $7 or whatever it was its the principle. I get things sometimes just bother up and hey thats ok were all human just be honest and own it dont spin a story. A simple sorry wouldve been nice at any point rather than just after you find it on the webs. It wouldnt be on here if I had got one. Like it or lump it the parts industry is a service industry its not always price that makes the sale.

As for the discount thing thanks but it wont change anything.

Hope that clears things up.

evowrx said:

That took longer than expected.

I spoke to 2 different people on seperate days once pricing the other ordering. I made it clear I didnt think gen 1 strut inserts were available and they just said this will definitely be the right strut. Then after s*** hit the fan I rung up and said dude wtf its completely different he said "oh is your strut gen 1 or 2?" I said "gen 1" and he said "oh we dont do any gen 1 inserts anymore" not "oh some of them fit we thought we would try". They were 100% it was correct even tho I told both of them it was gen 1 to start with.

The main bother off was I had to cancel the cert I had booked 60km away, cancel the wof to go with it, had s*** in auck to pickup and I had to wait a few days for the refund so couldnt organise anything in the meantime. Tbh I dont care about $7 or whatever it was its the principle. I get things sometimes just bother up and hey thats ok were all human just be honest and own it dont spin a story. A simple sorry wouldve been nice at any point rather than just after you find it on the webs. It wouldnt be on here if I had got one. Like it or lump it the parts industry is a service industry its not always price that makes the sale.

As for the discount thing thanks but it wont change anything.

Hope that clears things up.

facebook-like-button.jpg

Clicked on imaginary "Like" button

evowrx said:

The main bother off was I had to cancel the cert I had booked 60km away, cancel the wof to go with it, had s*** in auck to pickup and I had to wait a few days for the refund so couldnt organise anything in the meantime.

All due respect... that\'s no ones fault but your own.

loner']

[quote name='evowrx said:

The main bother off was I had to cancel the cert I had booked 60km away, cancel the wof to go with it, had s*** in auck to pickup and I had to wait a few days for the refund so couldnt organise anything in the meantime.

/quote]

Not sure how you work that one out? Ive got a kid so plan things in advance as I dont have money lying round in piles. I wouldve thought 5 days was sufficent time to get a strut out of auck when the couriers overnight. I booked everything after the first phone call when I was old all present and correct sir if it hadnt been I wouldnt have booked anything. I sent it back nzc overnight so I would get the refund asap.

Cunt of a job coz I had it out and everything when I ordered it coz I knew it was right. Needless to say I had to assemble the strut and put it back in so I had a car again.

evowrx']

[quote name='evowrx said:

/quote]

Not sure how you work that one out? Ive got a kid so plan things in advance as I dont have money lying round in piles. I wouldve thought 5 days was sufficent time to get a strut out of auck when the couriers overnight. I booked everything after the first phone call when I was old all present and correct sir if it hadnt been I wouldnt have booked anything. I sent it back nzc overnight so I would get the refund asap.

***t of a job coz I had it out and everything when I ordered it coz I knew it was right. Needless to say I had to assemble the strut and put it back in so I had a car again.

Not sure what having a kid has to do with it... and I\'m not sure voluntarily removing important bits of an essential vehicle without having replacements counts as "planning".

I want to see you try that with a workshop or a forestry mech after you assured them it was the right part and they lock out the machine that afternoon to strip it down to fit the new part the next morning. Once its ordered its sorted lad if it isnt then holy fuck be prepared to get your arse handed to you by them and your boss.

...and I know thats a different level but the principle remains the same. If you fuck up a customer say sorry period.

• 9 months later...

Took the chance and bought an ultragate off them last night as theirs come with flanges no one else does off TM and paid credit card. Took all today to get an email back after 4pm saying they have nil stock on the black 38mm 14psi one I ordered. I get its on an automatic relist so as soon as I purchased it relisted again but annoying nonetheless. Hopefully have it by the eow so will put the fab chap off for a few days then. :/ No backrub but did get a sorry this time and the lad was good to deal with. Do have the option of a blue one but unsure if I want a blue one.

Gah, glutton for punishment I say least I was expecting some sort of issue lol.

Funny this kinda happened to me as well... I dealt with them on some radiator hoses for a safari a while back. Mine had torn and I needed it sorted for the next weekend truck outing... They assured me the petrol and diesel models were interchangeable. Product arrived and it didn't fit. Ended up using a rubber hose I got locally. Service was all good though prompt and polite and offered me refund... which I never got around to sorting haha they're still in my garage somewhere.

Would trade again though they're all good and it was my own noobness for not checking the fitment myself I guess (although if you weren't sure then why would you say yes)

Edited by slystiguy

• Admin

I've bought quite a few odds and ends off them, apart from them sometimes taking a couple of days to put it on a courier they're usually pretty good.

With a lot of stuff I'd almost argue you get more than you pay for, because the parts are so damn cheap that you kind of expect to get (and forgive) slightly average service.

Notice in there tm auction on 38 gate says'' (comes with flanges and clamps).

1.What clamps would 2bolt gate have or need?

2. Original turbosmart 38 ultragate 2bolt wastegates don't come with 2 bolt flanges, just bolts, vac fittings, collar removal tool and fire ring.

So either its a miss print on there add or they add flanges and a clamp to the box or they sell fake w.g

hijacka said:
Notice in there tm auction on 38 gate says'' (comes with flanges and clamps).

1.What clamps would 2bolt gate have or need?

2. Original turbosmart 38 ultragate 2bolt wastegates don't come with 2 bolt flanges, just bolts, vac fittings, collar removal tool and fire ring.

So either its a miss print on there add or they add flanges and a clamp to the box or they sell fake w.g

Thought the same but def does I checked with them. No idea on the clamp tho thought it must have been a copypasta from a MV-S auction or something. Dont think the latest ultragate have hit the market in counterfeit guise but had crossed my mind.

Other turbosmart ones on tm are 305-325 but dont come with flanges which was the drawcard. I never expect average service regardless of price but I get your point.