Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

ECU choice for turbo / injector change

Hey guys,

What ECU would I be looking at that'd let me run yellow injectors, an orange sticker MAF and a VF23?

Preferably something not aftermarket (will a particular version STI ECU do?) and not excessively priced.

EDIT; Sorry, should point out I have a 97 SF5 Forester running stock TD04 / purple sticker / greys.

Cheers.

I'm not very technically minded - what's the easiest way to identify a 1S or 6S labelled ECU / best way to find them? Searchin' TradeMe for either of those doesn't bring up much.

And a link would be nice, but aren't they like, $2k?

funkytown said:

see the 1 S on the lid... its V easy to identify

Ah, that makes a whole load of sense haha, I feel a bit dumb.

What do these commonly come out of?

keep an eye out as they usually pop here in the sale section at times

link g1 or linkplus ecu - if u get a plug in v3/4 u will look at 4-700 and tune will be about 6-800 depending what is done

more gains with link being the advantage

the 6s swap will be cheaper tho as mostly between 80-150 for them

Yeah, I'm thinking probably the 6s is the way to go, I don't really want to be spending close to $1k. I'm not going too extreme hahah.

Can I run the upgraded ECU before I install the turbo/AFM/Injectors, or will I want to do them all in one go?

Also, any idea how much boost the 6S runs, or is that controlled elsewhere?

Best to change Ecu afm and injectors at same time

Think they run 16psi or 17psi or there something

If u tap it u can run 14-15 odd to keep u forester block happy

Edit

I wud suggest changing fuel pump as well while u at it

U can put some Walbro in that tank or I have seen v7/8 pumps do good as well

Just that unsure of forester pump condition so best to upgrade a bit while u at it

Most v7/8 pumps abt 50$ and Walbro around 150$

Depending on budget I suppose

Yah, I have a high end Walbro in there already, the jet line in my old pump was shot to hell, so whenever you went around a corner at less than a quarter tank of gas it'd splutter n die from starvation hahah.

What's involved in installing a boost tap?

Reckon I could get it down to 13ish? I'm paranoid about blowing it up, poor thing has done ~230,000k

Right, a quick scan of trademe tells me I'm looking at $300 or so for an electronic controller, so that'll have to wait a couple of months.

For a basic boost tap, are they variable, but manually controlled, or do I need to buy a particular tap to cap me at 13psi?

Most of these questions should probably be in that 'dumb questions' thread hahah

its a 2000 foz, comes standard with it :D

2001 foz, revision d, can be reflashed. mines about 3 months too old... gutted.

sf5a and sf5b is the same as a v3 and v4 wrx. taller suspension, subframe spacers in the front, slightly heavier body. thats about it thats different :D you basically have a wrx in a tweed grandpa jacket lol