Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

2 Pot rear brake conversion

Got a friend looking to put some two pot rears onto a v2 RA, he wants to keep his original diff or at least the same ratio, what does he need to do the conversion?

I think he already has a set of rear v7 hubs, are the splines different or can he just reuse his original rear shafts?

Are there any hand brake/rotor issues to watch out for?

Funkytown hopefully you can chime in....

i think you just need the hubs from the v7/v8 wrx non sti that comes with 4/2pot r160 and it will just bolt streight over, or i think you just need the backing plate which you will need to pull the hub off the knuckle to do it so would also be best to change the wheel bearings at same time since your at it. i'm attempting it as well and thats what i have figured.

Heres the how to guide with just the backing plate :http://www.rs25.com/forums/f105/t158653-2-pot-upgrade-legit-way.html

and heres the how to guide with the full hub change :http://www.rexnet.com.au/forum/index.php?/topic/138733-diy-1-pot-2-pot-upgrade-with-hub-change/

Trent said:

haha b4 those are the same spacers i have for my car=D i just dont have those HUGE BRAKE SHOES! haha

I'm guessing that you have normal subaru 2 pots? Yes there's no need for the bigger handbrake shoes as they still uses the 290mm disks. 290mm disks comes for both handbrake shoe sizes, the 190mm (R180) and the 170mm (R160)

the ones i posted with the big handbrake shoes is for if you're going with BREMBO 2POTS CONVERSION, as brembos uses 300mm disks and 190mm handbrake. Those big shoes allows to use standard replacement discs if you running them on a R160 hubs

B4 2000 said:

this is what you need or something similar!!

http://www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk/~godspeed/product.php?id_product=90

and if you got 2pot brembos then this is the way to go, IMO

http://www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk/~godspeed/product.php?id_product=91

Top ones are the ones I bought from Godspeed for my blue wrx. Worked fine. Cant remember who I sold them to on here.

Was gonna get awhole lot made but there was no interest.

Stoffa said:

theres some getting made locally at the moment, Im sure you'll all know more when they're finshed and checked by a cert guy

Do the adapters have to be certed or anything for WoFs? Kinda interested in going 2 pot rears if I found some on the cheap.

• 1 month later...
 Stoffa said:

Got a friend looking to put some two pot rears onto a v2 RA, he wants to keep his original diff or at least the same ratio, what does he need to do the conversion?

I think he already has a set of rear v7 hubs, are the splines different or can he just reuse his original rear shafts?

Are there any hand brake/rotor issues to watch out for?

Funkytown hopefully you can chime in....

just get the v7 WRX (non STI) hubs - split the axles out of your hubs and insert them in the new hubs. if you cant get the axles out - disassemble the inner Double offset joints of both sets of axles (CVs) and put your old axle stubs on the newer axles.. AFAIK the splines in the hubs are identical - its the diff end that can vary as depends what LSD is in the diff compared to what the v7 axles have come from.

job done. oh.. and depending on whether you run 2pots or brembo 2pots you need a slightly special rotor but easily sourced through DBA. - the brembo rear rotor only comes expecting a factory 170mm handbrake shoe, so you need the smaller 150mm (r160) shoe as thats what v7 WRX hubs are, with the wider 316mm diameter :)

Adapter plates just scare me.