Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

• Admin

Yea was thinkn dtech or theres one down next to pf automotive.

Just figured itd be cool to see how its running before and after tune. But then by the time i do that its getting pretty close to the cost of a proper tune i think?..

• Admin

I just figured i want it running as good as possible in stock form for now and then later on when i get more mods it'll only be a couple of hundred for a new tune since i'd already have the equipment, vs another full price dyno tune. And i just like playing around with the data logging stuff, pretty interesting really.

Yea if i really wanted a before and after dyno readout it'd probably be worth it but just a passing fancy. Not really worth it for the minor improvements it'd have

Got virtual dyno now (thanks ptpixel) and gives much more realistic readouts than the romraider one, don't get why??..

Only 2nd gear so far though, bit scared of the popo haha.

• Admin

Since there is bugger all info on the vf45 and what it flows (lb/min) can i roughly assume that what the maf reads will be what the turbo is flowing at the highest point. based on some romraider logging the max was 242g/s which works out to be 32lb/min.

sound about right??

Maybe not so much a dumb question but...

I was just at Winger Hamilton talking to one of their parts guys about the suby turbos. They had never heard of the VF52 (at least in the US this is the standard turbo for 08+ WRX) and hadn't heard of the VF46 either (turbo in my LGT). Neither were in their system and when he looked up my rego it didn't tell him what turbo I had - I have looked and know for a fact it's the VF46.

He said that the WRX turbo I was thinking about was the VF37 on the V8 & V9 STi's which retail for about $3k - I was talking about the V10/11 models.

Do we not get the VF52 in NZ? Some JDM equivalent?

the JDM's all were twin scroll, got VF47's or VF49's or something like that, but yeah none had the VF52.

They should know about those turbo's though as the NZDM models were all 2.5's like the US and Aus, maybe not VF46 so much.

Haha ****, 400hp huh? Would be looking at about $2k+ for the turbo alone... let alone fuel mods. Was just thinking of the future though, I think my turbo is fairly healthy at this stage. Mod bug's a b*tch though...

chulozumo said:
Anyone know what kind of bulb/plug is needed for a gc8 driving lights? The white ones not the indicators

FOGLIGHTS :) :)

they are not driving lights

they are fogs

completely wrong place/design for driving lights :)

anyway as has been mentioned H1 or H3 depending on if they have a pigtail on them or not :)

DRFVDR said:
FOGLIGHTS :) :)

they are not driving lights

they are fogs

completely wrong place/design for driving lights :)

anyway as has been mentioned H1 or H3 depending on if they have a pigtail on them or not :)

And if talking about the corner lights they are t10 wedges

• Guest locked this topic