Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

• Admin

Looking at getting one of the anycar audio integration boxes. The ipod input doesn't support lightning apple stuff so wondering if the usb port with a lighnting iphone attached would allow skipping songs and pausing and all that.

Also is the quality for bluetooth music streaming good or not worth the extra cost for that model?

Hoping a couple of you out there have had a crack at using these at some point (;

Exhaust isnt a cert item unless cops decide they think your car might be a bit loud. Worth having a chat to your cert guy though. Might be one of those grey areas where anything is fine until cops sticker you, then you'll need exhaust cert. My old impreza had a full 3 inch turbo back system and no need for cert.

Ohh, late model hatch.... does your new downpipe have a catalytic converter?

evljat said:

Another thing to watch out for is that since its first registered post 2008 and has avcs its needs to be less than 90 db at 4800 rpm. I don't think the x-force is going to achieve that.

just out of curiosity what has avcs got to do with anything?

kwi_fozze said:
Exhaust isnt a cert item unless cops decide they think your car might be a bit loud. Worth having a chat to your cert guy though. Might be one of those grey areas where anything is fine until cops sticker you, then you'll need exhaust cert. My old impreza had a full 3 inch turbo back system and no need for cert.

Ohh, late model hatch.... does your new downpipe have a catalytic converter?

yup has catalytic converter, why would I need to keep cats in place?

talk to your cert guy would be my call on that....

edit, reading that info sheet, manufactured after 1990, regd after 2010, doesnt meet motorsport or other outs.

Must have cat.

tl;dr

sorry bud, gota have a cat

yep, i'm cursing too.

zerosports has a front pipe with cats in it, but its a cool 3k plus shipping....

Edited by kwi_fozze

BINKZ said:
Random question but is there any difference in the exhaust between a manual and auto BH5 GTB?

the front pipes are different

I found out the annoying way, where the Y pipe meets the downpipe and the downpipe itself is a wee bit different I'm guessing to fit around the auto box. The rest of it is the same

kwi_fozze said:
talk to your cert guy would be my call on that....

edit, reading that info sheet, manufactured after 1990, regd after 2010, doesnt meet motorsport or other outs.

Must have cat.

tl;dr

sorry bud, gota have a cat

yep, i'm cursing too.

zerosports has a front pipe with cats in it, but its a cool 3k plus shipping....

Just buy a decent high flow cat out of aussie, you might not be able to get the bolt in part to suit the JDM car you have but my understanding of the rules is yes you need a cat converter, the rules however don't care if that's a 4" next-to-no-restriction cat welded in halfway down the exhaust

It isn't that big a deal, there isn't much lost with the big high flow aftermarket ones

• Guest locked this topic