Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

BINKZ said:
11080659_10205687615445330_7919607761694

11080471_10205687615485331_8654726994503[/url]

Is that your purge control solenoid it's sitting on? Could relocate the solenoid, or spin it to get some room. Should also get some play in the TMIC with the TB joiner and TMIC mounts loose, then push the TMIC backwards and tighten everything back up.

B4 I was 250T said:
What gear oil should I use? 99 TT B4 5sp manual. Looking at Castrol Multitrax but would happily move up to whatever Motul or Redline do. Thanks :)

I used Fuchs Titan Super Gear 75w90 recently - thanks to Damo.

Castrol 75w90 did the job

Valoline 75w90 also did the job.

B4 I was 250T said:
Yeah was looking at both Timmy. Read not to use a synthetic gear oil as can slip?? First I've heard, what do you think?

Ive read all sorts of stuff too. Thats cack.

Any 75w90 gl4/5 will do the job as will a 80w90 or 85w90. And if you have a relatively ****ed box go 85w140.

Easy way to sort gear oil is gl4 for box gl5 for diffs. Generally gl5 has side effects in box but subaru doesnt give you an option. A gl4/5 will be nicer than a straight gl5 tho. If its lsd front then you need an lsd rated oil.

Something branded. Castrol, eni, elf, total or fuchs, valvoline, gulf western etc. Wouldnt bother with motul and their over inflated pricing. Ive seen people triple their money on motul purely as people think its liquid gold they pay it. Normal people might make 20% margin on a good day on oil unless its wholesale to end user no middleman.

I did my daily as it was grubby as (yay bright 90s colours!) and honestly wasnt very impressed. Going from what I saw on MCM etc I was expecting it to pull a load out but it hardly did anything

I found the Doctor Power stuff was the only stuff I used that made a difference and bought it back to new :)

Rug doctored my car on the weekend.

Where it was most effective was on the head lining. I did a really really crap job, but in the parts where I used it, the ciggy smell vanished.

I would go halve with a friend or two. You'll have your done done in less than an hour and a half.

Firenza said:
I did my daily as it was grubby as (yay bright 90s colours!) and honestly wasnt very impressed. Going from what I saw on MCM etc I was expecting it to pull a load out but it hardly did anything

I found the Doctor Power stuff was the only stuff I used that made a difference and bought it back to new :)

Doctor power stuff? Link?

From the Fuji Manual for BE/BH:

Specified value:

Starts to open:

76.0 — 80.0°C (169 — 176°F)

Fully opens:

91°C (196°F)

So the zerosports on a daily would take slightly longer to warm up, then maybe run 5'c cooler overall depending on when it opens completely, which is probably just as important for stable normal operating temps. Probably only a good idea if your tracking the car.

Cosworth make one for motorsport that starts to open at 67.8'c. Which on a daily would possibly never warm up properly, effecting engine clearances, oil temps and possibly over fuelling because the ECU sees the engine is still cold. Read the Cosworth info and questions/answers at the bottom:

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Cosworth-20021032-154-Degree-LowTemp-Thermostat

• Guest locked this topic