Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

PtPixel']Not debating those catalogues but that link above is a JDM 6MT 3.0R sedan?

Sorry missed that one. Yes it is, but a pre-face and we are talking facelift only right now. Pre-face sedans did come with 6MT.

[quote name='PtPixel said:

A while back on the legacyGT.com forums and from what I've seen on other non-specB LGTs. Someone put SpecB bilsteins onto their non-specB which raised the ride height due to the lighter weight of not having the 6MT. Wouldn't make a difference if they were the same.

And they used the same springs, just swapped the struts?

Anyway, I'm not trying to argue with anyone and to prove that my point is right, all I want is to gather some true factorial information. I will hopefully get those catalogues translated, highly doubt that NZDM was that much different from JDM, apart from the obvious 2.0 vs 2.5

Have been looking at these on Ebay. From my research they should bolt up to the existing factory exhaust. The thing I am wanting to know is will the manifold clear everything in the front? Do I need to change anything i.e sump or cross member, water hoses, will it fit an auto? I have heard a clip on Youtube of these compared to to stock (with aftermarket muffler) and they sound good.

I have a Rev A 1998 BH wagon auto

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Subaru-Impreza-Legacy-97-05-N-A-2-5L-2-2L-1-6L-2-0L-Exhaust-Manifold-Header-/261644149202?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ASubaru&hash=item3ceb34e1d2&vxp=mtr

Marky said:
Do you want it to go better or just a different sound?

Go better - don't bother, it'll be a placebo of go fasterness

Sound better - you can use stock turbo headers instead and get the "subaru sound" to a degree

More for sound, I realize theres not a lot to make it go faster and is a family wagon and I'm happy with how it performs. I thought with stock turbo headers I would need to get a turbo cross member and would it bolt directly to the rest of the exhaust?

• General Member

This one might be super dumb but I had a Ryco Z495 oil filter on my WRX, I looked it up in the book at Supercheap and it listed a Z79X so thats what I put on, it fits with no leaks or anything but should I be concerned I have the wrong filter on?

I didnt notice it was a different number until after and now I am racking my brain trying to remember what I normally use because both numbers sound familiar and thinking about it I am pretty sure I have used both in the past...

Edited by Johnnynz

Vacuum hose going to bov, is there such a thing as too long? Anything to be gained by making it shorter? Don't want to cut my extra hose supplied if it doesn't do anything/ makes it worse.

EDIT: I'm an idiot.

Edited by Skatieguy
Read the instructions

Odd question, but does anyone happen to know what the legal definition of "driving" is?

I got stuck behind a cop who blocked a one way single lane road after he pulled someone up, and after 5 mins or so of waiting I took a photo as I thought it would be funny to post on facebook or something when I got home, after a while longer they finally asked the person to pull forward a bit, after which the cop that was driving came over and told me not to use a phone while driving.

I tend to use my phone when pulled over parked with the handbrake on if I desperately need to use it, but don't want to get pinged if that also turns out to be illegal aswell!! Or it could be the cop was being cheeky and didnt like me taking a photo of the back of his patrol car :P

Firenza said:
Odd question, but does anyone happen to know what the legal definition of "driving" is?

I got stuck behind a cop who blocked a one way single lane road after he pulled someone up, and after 5 mins or so of waiting I took a photo as I thought it would be funny to post on facebook or something when I got home, after a while longer they finally asked the person to pull forward a bit, after which the cop that was driving came over and told me not to use a phone while driving.

I tend to use my phone when pulled over parked with the handbrake on if I desperately need to use it, but don't want to get pinged if that also turns out to be illegal aswell!! Or it could be the cop was being cheeky and didnt like me taking a photo of the back of his patrol car :P

If key is in ignition and you are in drivers seat, even if the key isn't, you are assumed to be the driver, so any driving offended can be laid in suspicion of say driving while using a phone or drink driving. Put it this way, if you use your phone while at a red stop light during a driving test; it is a fail, so assume that it would also then be 'illegal' I know as a mates mate failed his driving test doing just that!

craigdn said:
Hey quick question I'm looking to buy 1999 GTB wagon done 170kms had cambelt/water pump all done with receipts.

Anything in particular I should look out for as this car seems pretty bloody amazing for the price?

Cheers

Welcome dude good to see people joining for the right reasons. Just get a mech to check it over if its cheap its better than it costing you a heap a week or so later. Obvious things tho tyres, coolant, oil, door hinges, under body, rust, suspension, receipts, money owing etc.

It is silver with twin sunroofs? I'm tossing up grabbing that one as well (there's a few similar price & condition around at the mo but none with sunroofses)

They often go around the 3k mark these days though so don't get too hung up on it, it's worth spending a little extra to get a post 2000 (for the 12mth wofs) or better yet a facelift "rev-D" model as they are a noticeably nicer drive & holding value a bit better

evowrx said:
How hard is it to convert a v3 era bg with dead engine to wrx engine when you have a complete v4 front cut? Just swap in complete engine and engine loom or is it easier to repin?

Ok i will sort of answer this question,

Its easier to swap the bare long engine. I know the looms between the v3-v4 are different.. having done a version 3-4 swap myself you have to swap everything.. all the looms, bulk head, steering column etc as well as dash, cluster,heater controls,

• Guest locked this topic