Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

Rosssub said:
Yeah will be the cause for sure. Probably easiest to just replace the calliper if you don't want to try rebuilding it. The pistons and seals can be replaced. Hardest part will be removing the stuck piston. Can clamp the moving piston in place, then use the brake pedal to hydraulic the stuck one out. If it still wont move then a grease gun to hydraulic it out, or heat. Then hone cylinders and fit new pistons seals etc.

Cheers Ross looks like I'll be going to 4 pots.

Looking at buying silicone twin turbo to intercooler pipes, for a BD5 rev C, are they going to be the same ones as BE/BH rev a/b/c?

1 x 1.3/4 To 1.1/2 45 reducer elbow

1 x 1.3/4 To 1.1/2 90 reducer elbow

Anyone know where I can buy a set of o-rings for top feed pinks? Was looking at those o-ring sets on trademe but dont know what kind of quality they are or if the right size would even be in there.. Just went to prime the car and pissed fuel everywhere out of the top seal ahh

max. said:
Anyone know where I can buy a set of o-rings for top feed pinks? Was looking at those o-ring sets on trademe but dont know what kind of quality they are or if the right size would even be in there.. Just went to prime the car and pissed fuel everywhere out of the top seal ahh

I had to add an extra oring to the top of mine so they were tight. Genuine numbers are in a thread just look at ross's latest posts for numbers. Or any of the injector joints will have them.

So went to fit up the bc golds.

Took these out. Note the orientation of the camber adjustment.

20140920_182821_zpsqnzer2sx.jpg

then note the orientation of the bc golds

20140921_115123_zpsup3mabgc.jpg

20140920_182747_zpsfrq1ofyn.jpg

20140921_115149_zpsz0jdxyiy.jpg

so had a look at the shocks and they all have a sticker which says: 20140921_130210_zpsjln27uth.jpg

Guessing these are not suitable?

Edit: this is what was advertised

Screenshot_2014-09-21-19-08-31_zpskogrdg

Edited by ADIKT

evowrx said:
Im running identical ones fella youre good. Better to set them up like first pic i will 8f i get another alignment.

Set up like the first pic gives the extra bonus of increased SAI with your castor. That's a good thing. But like evowrx said, definitely need an alignment.

far4ngn said:
My sills are munted, any idea where you should jack an Impreza with a trolley jack?

Go further under the car and use the rails on either side of the transmission tunnel. Or the one that connects to that but runs across the bottom of the firewall.

• Guest locked this topic