Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Lowering SG9 sti

Just been looking around on other forums and online and it seems like lots of people replace the struts and springs with wrx ones.

Am I missing something? I thought you could just get lowering springs and then you're good to go?

At the moment I'm factory, high as a kite, uncomfortable.....so I'm getting nothing out of it either way!

:)

One prob with just getting the likes of tein springs or what eva is with the foresters you get mean bum sag, but if you swap out wrx wagon springs+struts you dont, or you can get wrx sti sedan struts+struts and they dont either

It looks like thatsnwhatneveryone does on ozfoz so I'll do a bit more research there maybe.

When I find what ones fit should I be looking for wrx sedan wagon or sti? Lowered or standard springs?

Cheers

:)

Iv got Tein GT wagon coilovers in my SG5, when i went to get the vehicle vinned i found out 2 of them were leaking so have had them pulled out and sent up to autolign in AK. I replaced the suspension with some out of a Legacy 1995 250T BG9-013358 and the bolt right in. They also lowered the vehicle a good inch or two over the standard forester ride height. Not quite as low as the Teins but they did the trick to get the vehicle on the road.

pics are of the vehicle with the adjusties, ill post one tomorrow with the legacy suspension in it

1019101331-00.jpg?t=1287913314

1008101133-02.jpg?t=1287913574

Cheers for that, it'd be cool to see another pic with them in!

Who advised you on what would fit, or did you already know?

That's about the drop I'd be after anyway....

Nice foz by the way, don't see many looking that good! :)

from the service manager at bayswater vehicles in Napier which is our local subaru dealership. Tthe guy who imported the vehicle and got it on the road for me happens to be good mates with him so he was consulated on a few bits and peices to get the vehicle on the road.

Ill be selling the legacy suspension when my Teins come back.

pics with the bog standard legacy suspension . .

1025101008-00.jpg?t=1287954686

1025101008-01.jpg?t=1287954686

Mine is a bit high but still firm-as:

5111705697_2217a647e3_z.jpg

This one on ozfoz has 02 wrx sti shocks and springs, I'd be happy with this:

p1000340x.jpg

Cheers for the pics, let me know when you're selling them, might try and get some sti ones if pos....

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know what GOOD QUALITY adjustables will fit an '04 STI? ( Note 'good quality"... so that rules out s***e like BC's ). I've got a friend who can get me some direct from Japan, but I need a part number. I've looked around and it's hard finding the right ones for a forester as they all seem to be for WRXs... Will the WRX ones fit?

Dr_Weazel said:

Does anyone know what GOOD QUALITY adjustables will fit an '04 STI? ( Note 'good quality"... so that rules out s***e like BC's ). I've got a friend who can get me some direct from Japan, but I need a part number. I've looked around and it's hard finding the right ones for a forester as they all seem to be for WRXs... Will the WRX ones fit?

email Nick Chiew ([email protected]) at North Shore Toyota, they are the NZ distibutor for Cusco. They have 4 different coil over setups for the SG foresters ranging from $1800 to $4000.

Some of our email correspondence . .

"If you had to compare them I would put them against:

Cusco Vacanza Wagon -> Tein / Basic Damper

Cusco Zero Wagon -> Tein / Super Street Damper

Cusco Zero-2E -> Tein / Mono Flex

Also note that ALL Cusco coilovers are also fully rebuildable with all parts available separately, all 4 inner shocks can be purchased from as little as $362.72+GST as part of a shock rebuild kit! "

For more info, please follow these links

Vacanza Wagon:

http://www.cusco.co.jp/products/pdf/zero_wagon_vacanza_wagon_eng.pdf

Zero Wagon:

http://www.cusco.co.jp/products/pdf/zero_wagon_vacanza_wagon_eng.pdf

Suv Zero-2E:

http://www.cusco.co.jp/products/pdf/suv_z1_z2.pdf

"Comparing D2 coilovers to Cusco would be comparing a “Great Wall Ute” to a “Hilux Ute”, two are completely in a different league although they serve the same purpose, if you are after cheap you best stick to D2 or other cheaper brands in the same market like BC, MDU etc

Cusco make their own coilovers in house in Japan and should not too compared to Chinese or Taiwanese counterparts.

If you had to put the Cusco coilovers next to another compare them to the other quality Japanese made brands such as HKS, Tein, Buddyclub, JIC Magic, Apexi, GReddy "

OP dont put crappy 15 year old 250T suspension in it.

Get either legacy bilsteins and change the rear top hats , or v7 & v8 sti suspension.

Very stiff and handles heaps better than factory forester suspension.

In saying that im not sure what the top hats are in SG9 iv only had dealings wtih SF5..