Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Brake pads for GDB brembo's

i need a new set of brake pads (fullset)

want somethink that works really well !

good on the street and capable of the track

not after the biggest price tag , brake pads only wear out!

cheers

Spec C said:

i would like it for street and at the same time good for track , will be intrested in doing some track time from time to time

i run ultimes by bendix, pulls me up in the fat forester no worries at puke, taupo and manfeild, work well on the road too including up the mountain in cold conditions.

try reading

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,6695.0.html

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,1212.0.html

nztintin said:
i run ultimates by bendix, pulls me up in the fat forester no worries at puke, taupo and manfeild, work well on the road too including up the mountain in cold conditions.

Yeah I got no problem with the Ultimate's performance. The dust drives me nuts though! I almost need to paint my wheels matte black.

That sounds tempting. Running Ultimates on my nasty 1-pot brakes and they actually STOP the car :D But within a week my gold wheels are black again. Ragh! So if TS2000 are an equivalent when it comes to all areas of performance (cold braking, overheat threshold, street and track) then they might save some tears in the scrubbing of wheels department...

Definitely doesn't hurt to give them a try, like tires as you know it's always a personal thing haha. Im my case I never went back to Ultimates, found the Ts2000's far better.

Now Im onto Project Mu's but I went for a compound more track orientated, ie need warming up etc. And cost me over a grand for a full set. :o But well worth it for a more dedicated track car.

Guest boostcut

endless are fricken expencive, and not really that good. we have had endless troubles with them on the racecars im involved with. we use carbone metallic from performance friction in the states. cheap as compared to racebrakes prices for 8piston APs. but you have to wait for them to be sent out.

In your case it's largely irrelevant as you're not driving a race car.

No need to spend silly money either.

Most good pads can handle uo to ~650 C (eg. Ferodo TS2000).

You're unlikely to out-drive good pads + brake fluid + tyres.

Give Dave at TSV a call too, he can give you some advice.

Im using Znoelli SP500 pads. Did a bit of research before getting them, they are a lot cheaper than other performance pads & ive found them to perform really well. They stop well when cold which is good for the street & get better once they are up to temp. Havnt been able to push them to failure on the street. Id recommend them with some motul fluid.

i have the znoellis in mine... ran them with my old four pots kevin, and also in my brembo calipers now.

I havent been able to get them to fade on the street or track.. i found on the smaller 4 pots they were a bit average when cold.. but on the brembos i find they have a tonne more bite cold.

They are a softish pad and wear down reasonably quick in the fronts.. like BT says.. 4 changes up front to 1 change in a rear set.

Even though they are soft for the price they have amazing stopping power.

like performance pads they are quite dusty.

conclusion: cost / benefit wise... these would fit the bill for you... hands down best / most reasonably priced option.

Spec C said:

any clue what country made them ,just wondering ?

do seem cheap as i will only need the front

Does it really matter ?

Znoellis are probably made in some Asian country.

The highly rated Ferodo TS2000 (also called Ferodo Formula) are made in Thailand and no worse for that.

It's not where it's made, but how.

You can't complain about decent Brembo sized pads for under $200.

As someone said earlier , you over-complicate things.

X2 for Tony's earlier advice.

;)